Wow guys check this thing out

dgwillia

The Bacon Lover
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Apparently it was just released 6 or so days ago, its called the Multi Platform Portable Gaming Enterainment System,
it looks to be maybe a bit bigger than a game boy micro (Screen wise also), and it allows for emulation of.....
GBA
NES
SNES
Sega Genesis
Neo Geo
And CPS1/2
And also supports a wide amount of Video Types/Music types. And only cost around 85 bucks U.S (Like 90 with Shipping probally)
AND to top that it comes with 4 gigs of internal memory and supports micro SD cards.
http://www.chinavasion.com/product_info.ph...inment-station/
I seriously think i might import one of these things, plus they are probally gonna get pulled from the market pretty quick.
EDIT: And wow :wtf:, it even has AV Out cables included.

granville

GBAtemp Goat
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes, this little device has been seen before. It's called the Dingoo A320.

http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.20217

The emulation is varied. I've heard and seen that the GBA emulator is perfect as well as the NES and arcade portions. However, the Genesis emulation is slow and the SNES emulator is slow too. Also, no SNES games with special chips such as Mario RPG, Starfox, Yoshi's Island, or Kirby Super Star will run at all as they are unsupported. People seem to hate the SNES emulator. Even some games run better on the DS emulators. PSP is the best bet for portable SNES emulation at the moment.

The only thing that might help you choose this for emulation is the possibility of upgradeable firmware with better emulators. Or people could make some themselves. Unknown if there will be any though.

That being said, the system is still very cool and sexy looking. And you can hook it up to a TV with an included adapter. It plays lots of video and music formats.

dgwillia

The Bacon Lover
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh sorry for the repost then, just saw it pop up on QJ.net and thought you guys might be interested. Thanks for the info, ill have to think about it now. Maybe it'll pop up on a site like dealextreme for less.
Still......the AV Out plus the fact it plays most video formats still intrigues me >_>

Joe88

[λ]
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
well you get what you pay for
shell out another $50 and you could get your self a nice system like the PSP which can run all those emulators and play video's and video out is available

download side is you have to pay for the memory, and video out cables and find someone or buy a pandora battery to downgrade the PSP

dgwillia

The Bacon Lover
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Lol, i already have a PSP and a DS (Hacked and have flashcarts), but still, it would be nice to have a seperate system to relieve a bit of the wear and tear off of those 2.

granville

GBAtemp Goat
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'd stick with the PSP to tell the truth. It can play PS1 games too as well as a couple of N64 ones. Plus it's got its own games which are quite fun and still being made. If I had a PSP, I wouldn't bother myself with this. Even the menu is a ripoff of the PSP one. The Dingoo can't display 3D very well.

nutella

Low Glycemic Index
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
As granville said, if you have a psp, stick with it. But you certainly get what you paid for. Its not cheap, but its not that expensive either considering some of the features it has. Build quality is quite good too I hear.

jazvdb

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Joe88 said:
well you get what you pay for
shell out another $50 and you could get your self a nice system like the PSP which can run all those emulators and play video's and video out is available

download side is you have to pay for the memory, and video out cables and find someone or buy a pandora battery to downgrade the PSP

Yeah true, but it was stilla nice fine

Dingoo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
-KangaRod- said:
Jesus you guys are cheap. You think $90 is too expensive for this thing? I think all those years of not supporting video game producers at all might have messed up your perspectives

This has been said on other threads, but... it's half the price of the DSi in the UK, and yet the hardware it contains is considerably more powerful.

Strangely, there are people on the one hand that say it is 'too cheap' and therefore people will 'get what they pay for', presumably meaning that they think it won't be any good because of the low price. On the other hand, there are people who think it is too expensive, even when the extra expense covers additional service and support beyond what the Dingoo community is providing, and even when the capabilities of the machine go way beyond what the mainstream console companies will 'allow' you to do with your own property.

My own company sells these for more than $90 - but we do additional quality control, we only ship export-grade units (not the Chinese domestic ones), and we provide personal support for every customer. We aren't a box-shifter, we answer emails the same day, and we only sell Dingoo products - we aren't a generic China-junk shipper with a million naff gadgets on sale.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Did you pee in the water