NULL

Wouldn't it make more sense if we got Gameboy VC first

Discussion in 'Switch - Games & Content' started by Flame, Jun 13, 2019.

1. Flame
    OP

Flame Me > You

GBAtemp Patron
    Flame is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jul 15, 2008
    Everyone is talking about SNES VC. don't get me wrong i love SNES. wouldn't it make more sense if we got Gameboy VC first.

but then made me think why would nintendo allow pokemon games for "free".

would you want gameboy VC or don't care about VC anymore?

2. stitchxd

stitchxd GBAtemp Fan

Apr 27, 2017
    United States
    nope
    Nintendo Online actually includes a few different VC's (not released yet) AFAIK.

3. EmulateLife

EmulateLife GBAtemp Advanced Fan

May 13, 2019
    United States
    Emulation already takes care of all that for me.

4. Pleng

Pleng Custom Title

Sep 14, 2011
    Thailand
    I don't understand how that question relates to the topic?... Nintendo could add Gameboy Games to the online service without having to give away Pokémon. The Gameboy had a pretty big games library.

Anyway I'd personally much rather have SNES than Gameboy games but that's probably because I never had a Gameboy.

5. Flame
    OP

Flame Me > You

GBAtemp Patron
    Flame is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jul 15, 2008
    i mean like why would they? i would buy Pokemon games on whatever they put it on, so would many people too.

pokemon is a cash cow.

NoNAND likes this.
  6. Bladexdsl

Bladexdsl ZOMG my posts...it's over 9000!!!

Nov 17, 2008
    Australia
    Queensland
    because nintendo don't think like that instead of giving you what you want they give you what they tell you to have. so here are your shitty 2 nes games a month!

7. Pleng

Pleng Custom Title

Sep 14, 2011
    Thailand
    So why does that preclude Gameboy games on the online service? You do know that the Gameboy had other games, don't you?!

8. ShadowOne333

ShadowOne333 GBAtemp Guru

Jan 17, 2013
    Mexico
    It's Nintendo we are talking about.
    "Sense" doesn't work with them.

9. NoNAND

NoNAND Fading into obscurity as the days pass by....

Aug 22, 2015
    Antarctica
    My existential nightmare
    It's quite possible.
    However Pokemon games may not be part of the online subscription. They might not be included at all.
    The gameboy has a huge list of available titles out there with games like Tetris, Super Mario Land
    and with other lesser known known titles.

Pleng and Flame like this.
  10. eyeliner

eyeliner Has an itch needing to be scratched.

Feb 17, 2006
    Portugal
    Considering the current release schedule won't allow the release of most decent NES games during a human lifetime, I'd bet that SNES VC would come with the arrival of the New Switch XL Lite and its extra processing power.

As for Gameboy VC, they will come at 9.99 a pop.

Last edited by eyeliner, Jun 14, 2019
    NoNAND and Flame like this.
  11. chartube12

chartube12 Captain Chaz 86

Mar 3, 2010
    United States
    I’ll answer the opening post. Nintendo had a snes emulator coded for the Nintendo switch. Data mining uncovered it. An update added it. Just like the nes emulator originally found in the first firmwares, it was removed with an update. No such emulator was found for game boy or other systems.

12. MarioFanatic64

MarioFanatic64 The guy who does things

Sep 13, 2009
    Australia
    Wouldn't it make more sense to give people all the NES games at once if we're paying full price from the start?
    Wouldn't it make more sense to release games that Nintendo didn't just sell back to us with the NES/SNES mini?
    Wouldn't it make sense to have just as much legacy content available as their two previous consoles?

I don't care how high Nintendo's quality standards are, it doesn't take literal years to make a emulator.
    Nah, just drip-feed decades-old content over the console's lifetime as if it's a 'new release' schedule.
    Bonus: the later the newer consoles get released, the less time they'll be available until Nintendo moves on to the next system to do it all over again.

13. azoreseuropa

azoreseuropa GBAtemp Guru

Nov 6, 2002
    United States
    Azores/Portugal
    Nah. I am not paying for VC online at all. I am fine with what I have. I want to save my money and not pay py pay pay them at all. ENOUGH IS ENOUGH! You want Game Boy games ? Go to pawn or GameStop or eBay to buy them. Thats simple!

14. gundamu

gundamu GBAtemp Regular

Apr 28, 2016
    Canada
    bra nintendo is so damn stupid, they could be making a killing by offering VC for gb, gbc,gba, ds, wii, gc but they wont since they are so out of touch.

competitors are catching up, sony is very close. if nintendo doesn't change their way of thinking in 5-6yrs they'll be the next sega

15. chartube12

chartube12 Captain Chaz 86

Mar 3, 2010
    United States

The Mana Collection is apparently rom data running on a snes emulator. Someone was able to extract them and launch them on bssnes, xsnes9 etc.

16. ZachyCatGames

ZachyCatGames GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Jun 19, 2018
    United States
    Hell
    Wii and GC can’t and won’t happen