Apple Wouldn't it be Freaking awesome if i could own a new 512gb ipad pro

Dominator211

JFK's Jelly Donut
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Now i am far off from the money need to buy it but just thinking about it 512gb THAT IS HUGE who would even need a ipad with that much i would never run out of storage. it would be a great replacement to a Chromebook it really could replace a students work laptop

wouldn't it be a dream to own one of those but i know it isn't impossible because my friend got a 3 grand mac book so it isnt impossible so maybe one day

if anyone know who the hell would need that much storage in a practical use please let me know

iAqua

Trophies
Country
United Kingdom
Now i am far off from the money need to buy it but just thinking about it 512gb THAT IS HUGE who would even need a ipad with that much i would never run out of storage. it would be a great replacement to a Chromebook it really could replace a students work laptop

wouldn't it be a dream to own one of those but i know it isn't impossible because my friend got a 3 grand mac book so it isnt impossible so maybe one day

if anyone know who the hell would need that much storage in a practical use please let me know
I don't think you realize how awful the iPad Pro actually is...

tbh a chromebook is better

Last edited by iAqua,

Lumince

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I persoanlly started to dislike ipads after my ipad mini 2. Had the ipad 2, ipad mini and the ipad mini 2 and they were ok. I have not owned a tablet since my ipad mini 2. Sold that thing so long ago. 512 gbs is sort of outrageous for a device, but with a nice camera I could see the interest in the storage. I cant say its too crazy because I have a few 256 gb sd cards and they are pretty nice.

Its personal preference though so buy whatever floats your boat.

Reactions: Aerocool
D

Deleted-379826

I doubt it'd be as awesome as you think. It's pretty much an iPhone with a large display. Plus, it having 512 GB doesn't make it special, it just gives it a ton of storage that adds a ton to the price for something you don't need. It would be a lot better to buy a more powerful, cheaper, android phone and just slap in a large SD card. It also probably won't replace your chromebook. Why a chromebook anyway? Many better options out there. I believe you can install Linux on them which I'd recommend a TON over Chrome OS.

D

Deleted-379826

There is no reason whatsoever you could ever possibly need 512GB on a iPad of all things.

I heavily suggest you get a different non-Apple tablet, or better, a non-tablet Windows laptop.
Yep, Gotta agree with CeeDee here. Heck, if you love Chrome OS (which is pretty dang bad) that much, why not, buy a superior Windows laptop, that will be cheaper, more powerful and give you more freedom and then install Chrome OS! https://fieldguide.gizmodo.com/how-to-install-chrome-os-on-your-windows-laptop-1777553751

rileysrjay

Connoisseur of all things Morshu
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Reactions: Deleted-379826

CeeDee

fuckin dork
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yep, Gotta agree with CeeDee here. Heck, if you love Chrome OS (which is pretty dang bad) that much, why not, buy a superior Windows laptop, that will be cheaper, more powerful and give you more freedom and then install Chrome OS! https://fieldguide.gizmodo.com/how-to-install-chrome-os-on-your-windows-laptop-1777553751
OP himself never actually mentioned Chromebooks, but still, they are little more than just Google Chrome slapped on a small laptop.
They're even more restrictive than iOS is, and there's less to do on it than iOS.

D

Deleted-379826

OP himself never actually mentioned Chromebooks, but still, they are little more than just Google Chrome slapped on a small laptop.
They're even more restrictive than iOS is, and there's less to do on it than iOS.
>"Great replacement to Chromebook" >Made threads about Chrome OS. I think it's safe to say he has one. But yeah, exactly as you said. Just fancy chrome.

CeeDee

fuckin dork
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
>"Great replacement to Chromebook" >Made threads about Chrome OS. I think it's safe to say he has one. But yeah, exactly as you said. Just fancy chrome.
Ah, missed that.
It isn't horrible for simple things, really, but there is no reason you couldn't just buy a cheap Windows laptop instead if you're interested in actually doing things.

Reactions: Deleted-379826
D

Deleted-379826

There's a 300 USD difference for less than 500 gb more of storage. That is a super jacked up price.

Reactions: rileysrjay

BORTZ

DO NOT SCREENSHOT
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I actually do most of my modding and site duties from a chromebook. I am in no position to buy an assemble a new pc rig so I figured eh I'll get a tablet or a chomebook. the chromebook is my ideal solution as long as you are reasonable with what it can and cant do.

Reactions: CeeDee

Dominator211

JFK's Jelly Donut
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I actually do most of my modding and site duties from a Chromebook. I am in no position to buy an assemble a new PC rig so I figured eh I'll get a tablet or a Chromebook. the Chromebook is my ideal solution as long as you are reasonable with what it can and can't do.
I think I want the iPad because I like the way apple looks and feels I like how I could swipe through the menus and open any app and it still works damn good. but I like how I can get my hands really dirty with Android so yea I'm kinda stuck deciding between the two everyone says get a Chromebook but there is a part of me that still wants to give Apple a chance and i don't know what to do

D

Deleted-379826

I think I want the iPad because I like the way apple looks and feels I like how I could swipe through the menus and open any app and it still works damn good. but I like how I can get my hands really dirty with Android so yea I'm kinda stuck deciding between the two everyone says get a Chromebook but there is a part of me that still wants to give Apple a chance and i don't know what to do
High quality devices that run android do exist. And as far as I know, any decent tablet can swipe through menus and open any app. Especially if you got a tablet running android, for the price you'd get that iPad it'd do it, much, much more better. Also, nobody says to get a chromebook. I think BORTZ was really the only one who talked good about chromebooks and didn't say that much at that.

HCartin

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
If you like the iOS UI, then I recommend for you to buy a Windows Laptop and install Elementary OS, a Linux distribution that has a really nice looking UI, similar to iOS.

Reactions: Aerocool

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Sak is a fishy pineapple