Would you wear black to a wedding now?

Natalie88

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
We are invited to a wedding on Saturday at 6:00 pm in the evening. This came up kind of suddenly because my husband is one of the musicians at the reception and I have been invited as well. Problem is all the dresses I own are some mixture of black. I would like to wear a solid black dress with a floral print jacket which is beige, black and white mixed.

I'm trying to lose weight. So I'm really not wanting to purchase an expensive dress just for this one occasion. But should I? I can't remember what other ladies were wearing the last wedding I attended. Is black (not necessarily solid black) truly ok now? What say you?

Icealote

My Winter...
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I'd say no IMO. Borrow your friend's clothes. That's what the females in my family do if they don't have enough cash or time for special occasions.

Hells Malice

Are you a bully?
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Dangy said:
I say don't ask a gaming website for fashion advice.

This.

In reality, who cares. It's not like other peoples opinions of how you dressed at a random wedding will affect you in any way. Just wear what you want.

Better yet, dress up as a random videogame/anime character.

Sanoblue

The Fuzzy Blue Woof!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
who cares wear what makes u feel comfortable and hell if u look hot in it who the flip cares? show off them legs show off them tits
happy.gif

SamAsh07

Trophies
XP
Country
Bosnia and Herzegovina
Black is fine, I don't see any problem, unless if there are superstitions regarding wearing Black in a wedding. Other than that, it's perfectly fine. Well, I'd suggest you to ask your husband, what he thinks? Proceed from there.

astrangeone

Trophies
Website
www.shophandmade.com
XP
Country
Canada
Black is fine - I was one of the bridal party at my best friend's wedding, and one of the guests was wearing a little black dress. It was kind of cute on her too. Unless you are one of the "bridal party" members, it's fine to wear whatever you like. Just don't show up the bride.

Hells Malice

Are you a bully?
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
astrangeone said:
Black is fine - I was one of the bridal party at my best friend's wedding, and one of the guests was wearing a little black dress. It was kind of cute on her too. Unless you are one of the "bridal party" members, it's fine to wear whatever you like. Just don't show up the bride.

lol...Show up in the same dress as the bride.
"Well shit, one of us is going to have to change...probably you, I look way better in this thing."

thela_kid

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hells Malice said:
astrangeone said:

lol...Show up in the same dress as the bride.
"Well shit, one of us is going to have to change...probably you, I look way better in this thing."

thinks back to family guy... haha

SamAsh07

Trophies
XP
Country
Bosnia and Herzegovina
Oh right, Black is what the bride wears? Sorry my knowledge of other regions seems to subside into the depths of my Brain, a trigger is required then. But still I'd recommend Black in itself. It's not like your clothes would turn out to be identical to the bride.
wink.gif
Like I said, consult your husband.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Ughh the C64 version looks almost as bad lol