Hacking Would you use your credit card on eshop with cfw?

theedge

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Basically would you use your real CC to buy something on the eshop if you are using hax / transferring to downgrade etc ? or is better to pay the 10$ for a eshop gift card?

Ronhero

Too Weird to Live, Too Rare to Die
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
United States
Basically would you use your real CC to buy something on the eshop if you are using hax / transferring to downgrade etc ? or is better to pay the 10$ for a eshop gift card?

I use my cc. Even on JPN and EUR downloads i use it. They only charge the current exchange rate no additional service fee

Reactions: theedge

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
lol not scam me but they would know my full name address etc... I'm pretty sure it's fine maybe I'm just a bit parano
They have had plenty of opportunity to shut down pirates and hackers and they've only made the most token of attempts. I don't think they'd do anything with your info even if they did have a way to tie it to illegal activities :-)

theedge

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
They don't ask for an addresses just a zip code. For japanese eshop im not sure what they ask for itsa two digit number that I always put 99

Your credit card number would give them all your info since it's registered with your bank. Even if nintendo doesn't ask for it

They have had plenty of opportunity to shut down pirates and hackers and they've only made the most token of attempts. I don't think they'd do anything with your info even if they did have a way to tie it to illegal activities :-)

I guess you're right lol thanks!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/@legolambs