ROM Hack Would you recommend "NDSTokyoTrim" for trimming NDS and GBA ro

RemixDeluxe

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am currently using an 8 GB micro SD on my SuperCard DStwo and its close to 7 1/2 GB. A friend of mine recommended that I use this program to trim the "fat" of the NDS and GBA roms. I have just two questions before I go through with this process.

1. Are there any Nintendo games that are affected negatively as far as multiplayer and other Wifi functions go?

2. What exactly is removed when you trim a rom, is it just dummy files that are filed to meet the space requirement on a cart like they do with Wii game disks?

basher11

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
1. Are there any Nintendo games that are affected negatively as far as multiplayer and other Wifi functions go?

2. What exactly is removed when you trim a rom, is it just dummy files that are filed to meet the space requirement on a cart like they do with Wii game disks?
1. No, i don't believe so. Ndstokyotrimmer (i believe) has a checker to see if the trimming does break anything.
2. something like that.

Coto

-
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
Yes but some NDStrimmers break wireless data, so use it on games which don't rely that much on wireless. ie: Mario Kart, Pokemon, Mario Party, etc.

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
It's safe to use, I use it all the time when I am not using the Acekard Rom Trimmer
Yes but some NDStrimmers break wireless data, so use it on games which don't rely that much on wireless. ie: Mario Kart, Pokemon, Mario Party, etc.
Also it no longer does that anymore, I can confirm that roms trimmed with NdsTokyoTrim still work with Wifi.

Reactions: 4 people

Coto

-
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
I had some problems with it on Mario Kart DS and Mario Party DS under DSTT, NINJAPASS,ACEKARD suffering weird lockups while accessing wifi or wireless, of course the original rom worked flawlessly on these cards, even if the author claims it's not happening..

So my advice, again, use it on games where they don't rely on Wireless too much. Better safe than sorry

RemixDeluxe

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thank you guys for the suggestion. I'll go ahead and trim my games now. Since GBA games on the SuperCard cant connect with other flashcarts as far as I know I couldnt care less if I lost that on there. I'll post back at how much room I saved.

RemixDeluxe

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just wanted to say I have trimmed 70 of my NDS roms and saved over 600 mb in data. Thats a huge difference in savings to me so thank you all for the suggestion.

One more question, I tried trimming my gba roms. The extension of the roms are .bin files so I changed it to .gba in hopes that it would trim them. I come up with this error saying its not possible. Any way to fix this?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    S @ salazarcosplay: Good morning everyone