Would you like to see "Super Smash Bros. Melee HD"?

Discussion in 'Switch - Games & Content' started by wg93589, Jan 13, 2017.

?

Would you like to see "Super Smash Bros. Melee HD"?

1. Yes

44.4%
  2. No

55.6%
  1. wg93589
    OP

wg93589 A Mario Kart modder

Apr 20, 2016
    Canada
    Simple Question, Simple Answer.

2. DiglidiDude

DiglidiDude Member

Newcomer
    Oct 8, 2014
    Canada
    No. People will whine that X glitch can't be reproduced or Y thing isn't the same color as in the original. You can't please smash autists, they're never satisfied.

DrCrygor07, sup3rgh0st, -pm- and 2 others like this.
  3. VinLark

VinLark This machine kills bourgeois sentimentality.

Jun 11, 2016
    Trinidad and Tobago
    4chan and other wonders of the internet
    Nope. Melee players would whine about how a thing is a pixel off or the lag is just too much. It would cause a divide in the community.

4. Kurausukun

Kurausukun GBAtemp Regular

Apr 6, 2014
    United States
    We already have this, it's called Dolphin. I don't know why people want this so much on the Switch--it's been possible for a long time. Although I can't say I'm pleased with how people on this forum seem to view Melee players; we liked the gameplay, so I'm not sure why you're suggesting we'd be displeased that things "look different."

Last edited by Kurausukun, Jan 13, 2017
    Maximilious and Hayleia like this.
  5. frogboy

frogboy lacking both style and grace

Dec 6, 2011
    United States
    it's silly, and would split the competitive community in half.

VinLark likes this.
  6. Lilith Valentine

Lilith Valentine GBATemp's Wolfdog™ I drool on my knife

Sep 13, 2009
    Antarctica
    Between insane and insecure
    Nope, because the Melee fanbase is one of the worst fanboys and far too deep up their own asses. They are up there with Genwunners

7. Kurausukun

Apr 6, 2014
    United States
    Again, I really don't see why you have to say that.

8. Futurdreamz

Futurdreamz GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Jun 15, 2014
    Canada
    Smash Wii U is sufficiently Meeleeish and it will be expanded on.

9. Kurausukun

Apr 6, 2014
    United States
    ...How, exactly, is Sm4sh anything like Melee?

10. InsaneNutter

InsaneNutter GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Dec 26, 2007
    Yorkshire, UK
    Yes, its the only Smash Bros game i really got in to.

11. Hayleia

Hayleia GBAtemp Maniac

Feb 26, 2015
    France
    That's why it's useless to talk with them. They assume what Melee fans ask for then they use arguments such as "not the same color" or "4 is Melee-ish enough" which are clearly wrong. About the first one, see how Project M has skins that were not from Melee at all, and "even" maps that are created from scratch, and no Melee fan complains. About the second one, yeah, 4 is a viable Smash game (unlike the terrible Super Mario Kart Brawl), but it doesn't mean it's Melee-like. It's as if saying that Windows is the same as Linux because you can browse gbatemp on Firefox on both.

12. cvskid

cvskid GBAtemp Addict

Apr 13, 2014
    United States
    Would be a waste of time and resources to work on something like this. Everyone who wants to play the game already has a means to play the game and melee fans ride or die by the original gamecube release. That plus people will most likely refuse to learn how to play smash bros on anything BUT a gamecube controller. Even if those things weren't the case the games online would die out fast due to new/casual players playing the game getting beat down online and stop playing the game.

13. fatsquirrel

fatsquirrel GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Nov 11, 2013
    No, for a change Id like to see a non-remake-rehash-rerelease game on the switch.

kineticUk likes this.
  14. Stephano

Stephano I love you Charlie

Feb 18, 2016
    United States
    On the floor of the Engineering building
    Yes and No. Yes because it will "satisfy" (huge quotes) a lot of people in the sense that it finally exists. But no because it will never be played on in tournaments and it won't be 1 to 1. It's not like it's impossible for it to be exactly the same, I just don't think Nintendo will make it that way. Personally, PM for switch is something I want much much more...... But knowing Nintendo, there's not a snowballs chance in hell that it will happen.

15. Maximilious

Maximilious GBAtemp Addict

Nov 21, 2014
    United States
    Melee is over and Smash is ever evolving, really it has been since Smash 64. There's no point in going back in my opinion. I do however love Melee (lost a lot of hours to that game growing up), but like others have said, if I want to play it I'll play it via another means.

16. StarTrekVoyager

StarTrekVoyager Soon™

Jun 19, 2016
    France
    Paris
    Absolutely not useful, there are custom texture packs on Dolphin if you want the original game in 4K and there is Sm4sh if you just want a cool Smash game to play with a GC Controller.

17. Clouded Sun

Clouded Sun GBAtemp Fan

Jun 13, 2016
    United States
    Dolphin.

We don't need another Melee, we need to move on. You can even port Smash Wii U to Switch, but please, let's be done with this damn Melee HD.

I could argue Sm4sh on Switch would be better because a "Project M"-rebirth mod (See: USM-eM) would be way better than Melee, due to the fact that it's something different with a larger cast, more stages, and just as many characters as in Melee. It's expandable, like Brawl is, and has much much more potential to become something different.

So, I'm gonna cross my fingers that we get a kernel exploit in the Switch very very soon and either can install custom firmware or a simple kernel hack.

Last edited by Clouded Sun, Jan 17, 2017