Would you like to see pagan themed decorations during festive periods

Deleted member 568892

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Depending on where you live you probably see Christian themed decorations in supermarkets and shopping centers around Christmas and Easter and spooky decorations around Halloween. During the Christmas period would you prefer to see Christian themed Christmas decorations or pagan themed Saturnalia decorations? I personally would prefer Saturnalia decorations but don't think it will actually happen.

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Rabbits and eggs are generally fertility symbols and nothing to do with Christianity. Trees is a German tradition but not like trees did not play a massive role in such things before. Drinking and eating to excess also being well within the ideas of Saturnalia and similar winter festivals.

Anyway I am old enough to have still had somewhat religious teachers in UK schools. My family never did star/angel on top of the tree and instead had a wizard. A friend in school was talking about it because that is what kids do. The teacher admonished him for lies and when I confirmed it was the case I got a very disapproving look. Good times.

Deleted member 568892

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can you give me a sneak peek of what you prefer?
800px-0_Autel_d%C3%A9di%C3%A9_au_dieu_Malakb%C3%AAl_et_aux_dieux_de_Palmyra_-_Musei_Capitolini_%281b%29.JPG

603px-Oscillum_con_due_maschere_di_pan_e_baccante%2C_arte_galloromana%2C_I_sec_dc.JPG

Reactions: Blauhasenpopo

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
I treat them all as just commercial "Hallmark" holidays, without any religious ties whatsoever. (Halloween, Easter, and Christmas.)

Fuck any and all religions, always.

Veho

The man who cried "Ni".
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
Seeing how most of the Christmas decorations, apart from the nativity scene and a few angels, are not remotely Christian in origin, I'd say the decorations are pretty pagan already.

Deleted member 545975

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello, and good day! I would love myself a spiritual celebration of wise and virtuous dragons!

You have made me realize that I can have it myself everytime I want to: Thank you, also for!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/@legolambs