Would you like to see a writeup?

Discussion in 'General Off-Topic Chat' started by Dr_Doom, Aug 28, 2016.

?

Would you like to see a writeup?

1. Yes

2 vote(s)
    40.0%
  2. No

3 vote(s)
    60.0%
  1. Dr_Doom
    OP

Dr_Doom Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Mar 10, 2016
    Would you guys like to see a writeup on how I setup NGINX loadbalancer and loadbalanced between 3 Apache servers and used HAProxy to loadbalance 3 SQL databases.

2. FAST6191

FAST6191 Techromancer

pip Reporter
    Nov 21, 2005
    Don't know how popular it would be but it is allowable under the rules and more tech discussion it better. Equally while load balancing is a harder task right now then in a few years it will probably be a fairly basic task so getting a headstart on it would be a good thing.

3. QuarkTheAwesome

QuarkTheAwesome Working for Hugs

Apr 19, 2015
    Australia
    Stuck in the PowerPC
    More writeups and explanations are always better. Even if I don't need to know it, I always enjoy reading stuff like this if it's written up well. Load balancing looks like an interesting topic, too...

4. Dr_Doom
    OP

Dr_Doom Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Mar 10, 2016
    Okay IDK what PC section to put it in any Ideas?

5. FAST6191

FAST6191 Techromancer

pip Reporter
    Nov 21, 2005
    Unless you used a turnkey type hardware box in it as a notable part of it then it is probably not going to go in hardware. Unless you had to program something cool like

then it is probably not a programming thing, though there is certainly a stronger case for it being in that section (someone asks say a question on htaccess in programming and it is probably not going to get moved).
    To that end probably go with http://gbatemp.net/forums/computer-software-and-operating-systems.269/ , or blogs if you want nobody to read it.