Would You Like Golden Sun 1-2 on NDS?

Discussion in 'NDS - Console and Game Discussions' started by Njrg, Jun 29, 2010.

?

Golden Sun 1-2 DS?

1. Yes

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. No

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Jun 29, 2010
  1. Njrg
    OP

Banned Njrg Kinsoku Jikou Desu. ^.~

United States
    Inspired by God of War 1&2 Collection for PS3 and the recent MegaMan Zero Collection on NDS. I've realized just how badly I want Golden Sun 1 and 2 to be bundled together and sold as a single game on DS.

Afterall, Golden Sun DS will be coming out later this year, its only right that we get a refresh. Though I realize we'll prolly never get one, and that this poll is just for fun, but how many of you would like to see Golden Sun 1&2 on DS much like MMZ Collection?

I mean its been 7 years since the last game. Just how many of you still own the old games? Still have a GBA? Still have a DS with a GBA slot? Personally I have an EZ3-in-1. I can still run Golden Sun that was, but its not my preferred method. Can't RTS or cheat like I can with an NDS game.

Those that missed out on God of War 1 or 2 was given a collection disc months before the 3rd came out and I think its only fitting the same should be done for the Golden Sun franchise as well as any other franchise.

What do you think? :'o

Keep in mind its just a bundle like other games, no updated graphics or extra dungeons...

2. NSRSM

Member NSRSM GBAtemp Regular

United States
    I would because because originally the two games were supposed to be one cartridge but had to be split because of space or something like that.

3. tj_cool

Supervisor tj_cool Stuff

Belgium
    Why not, the more games the better [​IMG]

4. Depravo

Global Moderator Depravo Jaded curmudgeon

United Kingdom
    I wouldn't say no.

5. _Chaz_

Member _Chaz_ GBAtemp's Official Mook™

United States
    Gonna hear some shit for this, but I've never played either of them

If they were released on the DS, than I would be able to see what all the hype is about.

6. BoxShot

Member BoxShot Chiyo-chan :3

United States
    Sure why not the more the merrier. Though it would probably be useless for me since I actually own them.

7. HaniKazmi

Member HaniKazmi GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

United Kingdom
    I'm in the same position [​IMG]
    I'd love a rerelease.

8. CamulaHikari

Member CamulaHikari Kami Kurai

Netherlands
    I still have the original games, but I would really love it if they would release it on the DS as well~!

9. Njrg
    OP

United States
    Its basically Zelda RPG. It has a world map and a battle system thats very traditional RPG-like. And the Djinn add depth to the basic battle system.

But exploration and dungeons are Zelda-like. Every room is a puzzle or some form of trial, and any obstacles you find that you can't figure out, can be solved at a later time once you collect the right item/psynergy. Like freezing a pool of water to make something to stand on, or making a vine grow to climb on. Its not like RPG's where the goal is simply walk to the next room.

10. ryan90

Member ryan90 GBAtemp Regular

United Kingdom
    i just recently put them on my ds lite after i saw the trailer for golden sun ds, so far i'm enjoying it, i have never played them before, but it still holds up against ds games.

also playing mother 3 gba which i think has some similarities or maybe not

11. Njrg
    OP

United States
    Golden Sun 2 is more epic than 1. That might leave you something to anticipate for.

12. regnad

Member regnad Button Masher

Japan
    Hey, is a bear Catholic?

Does the Pope, uh...

13. Kawo

Member Kawo GBAtemp Fan

Italy
    First the 3, after that Camelot and Nintendo can do whatever is in their money-hungry mind.

14. azoreseuropa

Member azoreseuropa GBAtemp Psycho!

Portugal
    No. However, it is okay for people who never played it before.

15. Blaze163

Member Blaze163 The White Phoenix's purifying flame.

United Kingdom
    I've got them on my PSP so I'm good for now.

Dunno why I emulated them though, I've already finished them at least twice back when I owned the actual GBA carts. Skipped an afternoon of school to buy Lost Age, you know. Got a text from Gamestation half way through a science lesson. Dropped everything and just casually wandered off. Even declared to the teacher that I was going shopping.

16. Toni Plutonij

Former Staff Toni Plutonij *has TrolleyDave & tiny p1ngy on moderating shelf!

Croatia
    I'd loved that....My all time favorite....still have both original games, as well as original GBA, GBA SP and Micro [​IMG]

But I wouldn't mind "retro" re-release for NDS 2-in-1 [​IMG]

Also, playing Golden Sun on Micro.... [​IMG] Incredible...so sharp and bright! I'll have to play a bit later tonight, just got the nostalgia!

17. Sterling

Member Sterling GBAtemp's Silver Hero

United States
    Poll Choices:

Yes: Hell yes!!
    No: Well why the fuck not?!

Since the originals are so hard to find, I resorted to getting a G6 and a gameboy micro to play these again. I say hell yes, and would urge a possible dev to update the graphics, and control schemes to even possibly look like the DS one coming up. :yaygoldensun:

18. Uncle FEFL

Member Uncle FEFL OBJECTION!

United States
    I dunno. As long as it wasn't sold as a full price game, I'd get it. I still own a GBA (and GBA SP, but I lost my charger lol), and I have Golden Sun TLA. That's the only one I really want. I'm not willing to beat both of them again, because I remember the basic plot pretty fluently, which will make me bored when I play it.

19. shiningnegro

Member shiningnegro GBAtemp Regular

Canada
    I would like to see both games on one card i really need to refresh myself on the story. i played the first one fully completed got all the djinns and what not but by the time i had a chance to play the 2nd it was like a year later and forgot everything bout the story confused why i was playing on the other side :S since i was emulating the 2nd one i cudnt transfer my progress over

all i can say is when i got into the game it was very immersive i cudnt put it down and pissed off when it finished XD

20. Infinite Zero

Member Infinite Zero Almost!

United States