• Total voters

Haloman800

a real gril
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
..In self defense? For example, if they were threatening the life of you or your loved ones.

Personally, I would have no qualms over it. When I lived in the country, we had plenty of wild animals who would attack our pets; you either kill the raccoon or watch your cat die. I always saved my cat(s). I lost no sleep over the raccoon.

In my mind, anyone who is evil enough to attack innocent people is no higher than an animal.

Reactions: GalladeGuy

SonicCloud

miss americana.
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico

This is probably getting closed soon

Well only in self defense i case they we're threatening me
Otherwise, of course im not crazy to kill someone just because why not?

VashTS

Beat it, son
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
in self defense I think I would be able to but it is hard to say.

i killed a possum one time that made in my home on 2 occasions, i have two little kids so i did what I had to do. lost sleep for about 3 days over it :cry::cry:

pastaconsumer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Self defense? Not sure... depends on the circumstances... Almost all cases would be no. Neutralize them without killing? Yes.

Plot twist: What if to save you or a loved on, you had to kill a loved one who is adamant on killing all in his/her path? (My answer is: Neutralize them so they can't hurt anyone WITHOUT killing them or severely injuring them. Call the police and let them deal with it.)

hundshamer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think it would take a very special circumstance. Let's say my daughter marries someone who breaks and abuses her. I may be inclined to maim him severely. As in he would loose parts... If he doesn't survive... Oh well.

Reactions: Posghetti

cvskid

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Neutralize first. They have a weapon? Blow their arm off. Stab their eyes out. destroy their kneecap. Death is always the final option.
Depending on the situation the person if they lived will remember what you did to them and they might want revenge on you either by doing it themselves or getting someone else to do it for them.

Reactions: cearp

TotalInsanity4

GBAtemp Supreme Overlord
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Neutralize first. They have a weapon? Blow their arm off. Stab their eyes out. destroy their kneecap. Death is always the final option.
I answered "No" for this reason. I'm not a fan of the implied point being made by the OP, but meh, civil discussions and learning people's views are always interesting

astrangeone

Trophies
Website
www.shophandmade.com
XP
Country
Canada
The funny thing was in university, I discovered I was one of those people who reacted violently in cases of "fighting". My roommates almost came to blows over a discussion over bread/communal food, and I didn't even think about jumping in between those two. One of my roommates got very aggressive and stood up to intimidate the other one - as in "got in her face". I didn't even think about it, just found myself standing up and jumping in between them. Luckily it didn't escalate beyond that, and the other roommate ended up restraining the "aggressive one". (Four people in the house....)

If someone were threatening me? I would probably choose to disarm them. I have pepper spray (yes, it's sold for canines only), but sometimes you'd see me palm the stuff in a bad area - and luckily, I haven't had to use it yet.

Logan Pockrus

Knawledge is key.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Short answer: Yes.

Long answer: I believe I'd be capable of it. Something I've learned about myself is when I get angry (for lack of a better term), I tend to do irrational things (and subsequently regret it afterward). But to kill someone? That would have to be a special case, like my family is under immediate danger. Needless to say, I'd have to receive professional therapy after ending another human life. Hell, I feel bad about killing spiders sometimes.

anhminh

Pirate since 2010
Trophies
XP
Country
Vietnam
In that situation, one wouldn't think about killing but to escape so the last thing they care is the life of the one who attack them.

I would just shoot at him immediately without thinking and hope he stop, if he dead then that just mean god want him in hell.

JustAKirby

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I wouldn't do it unless it was the only way to prevent them from taking my life or the life of my loved ones. Besides, with how the current law enforcement system is set up "self-defense" fails to function as a viable explanation

Last edited by JustAKirby,

Logan Pockrus

Knawledge is key.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I wouldn't do it unless it was the only way to prevent them from taking my life or the life of my loved ones. Besides, with how the current law enforcement system is set up "self-defense" fails to function as a viable explanation
Unfortunately you're right. I don't want to start a debate, but the whole "tighter gun laws" ideology is BS.

EDIT: I know that isn't exactly what you meant, but still.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: You could probably run duals in this Gigabyte B550 AORUS ELITE V2 AMD Ryzen 5000 ATX Motherboard... +1