Mangofett

GBAtemp Testing Area
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
...in a GBAtemp WoW guild?

I've seen quite a few people here play it, and if we all make noob characters on some server(horde) we can all level together and have lots of fun
happy.gif

o and if u dun play wow go buy it or download its 3$ at walmart

Takrin

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
yea homebrew wow mmo would be so nice, could live with crappy graphics if it was fun
dont that comming anytime soon though

i used to play wow but i kinda quit, game was bit too easy

Samutz

Trophies
Website
samutz.com
XP
Country
United States
I stopped playing recently but I'm finding it hard to stay away from it (subscription doesn't expire til the 15th).

Free (pirate/private) servers are buggy and unreliable.
I used to play one myself until I got a decent job and was able to afford the official servers. I was much happier on the official realms.

There are free servers, but they arent always reliable

i might pick it up then. i did always think you had to pat a monthly fee.
You do pay monthly for the official servers. $15 USD for the NA version. 12.99€/£8.99 for EU.

Which causes a dilemma. Some of the people here might have EU accounts (which means different realms).

thegame07

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I stopped playing recently but I'm finding it hard to stay away from it (subscription doesn't expire til the 15th).

I used to play one myself until I got a decent job and was able to afford the official servers. I was much happier on the official realms.

You do pay monthly for the official servers. $15 USD for the NA version. 12.99€/£8.99 for EU.

Which causes a dilemma. Some of the people here might have EU accounts (which means different realms).

im really against monthly charges i really disagree. How can they justify online charges when you buy the game for a fee. I didn't buy final fantasy 11 because of the same reason and im a final fantasy freak
mad.gif

ozzyzak

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States

im really against monthly charges i really disagree. How can they justify online charges when you buy the game for a fee. I didn't buy final fantasy 11 because of the same reason and im a final fantasy freak
mad.gif

They can justify the charges because bandwidth is not cheap, contrary to popular belief.

[M]artin

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If someone here gives me a high end system that can actually run WoW, I'll buy WoW and the monthly accounts myself...

that's a promise!
tongue.gif

Kyoji

ウッーウッーウマ
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
It takes more than $50 to maintain the servers

well they should raise the price of the game. these guys are making billions of money im sure they can afford server fees.
Don't like it, don't play it. $15 a month is chump change, it's really not that expensive.

@Martin: WoW can run with a 64mbit video card and probably 512mb of RAM. It wont be pretty, and it'll be laggy, but it will run. The game really isnt graphically intensive-it benefits from more RAM than anything else.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

eof

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: @salazarcosplay yeah cod's still up