Gaming Would you buy splatoon since playing the demo??

Would you buy splatoon since playing the demo??

• Total voters

WiiCube_2013

Trophies
XP
Country
Gaza Strip
No, because I really liked it but it's not gonna hold my attention like Halo 5 might. Matches were only 3 or 5 minutes which is really short.

It's actually the first shooter I've played since Section 8 Prejudice I actually like (I missed the Halo 5 beta) and I'm hoping it's the start of the FPS genre being fun again.

Won't there by any chance be 10min matches?

thorasgar

Checkout my evil Soon-in-ator™
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's about 3mins per match or so.

Have to say using a Hori GameCube-styled controllers is far better to play Smash than the WUPC or GamePad.
Did you mean Splatoon? I thought you had an adapter and real GC controllers for Smash? If you meant the Hori controllers are better for Splatoon, I will consider it after getting the game but I am already on controller hell. 4 Wii motes/nunchuck, 3 WUPro, adapter and 3 GC. Will have to wrap my brain around what is possible as afar as multi player with this games. Need to get my eyes checked I was not enjoying mk8 last night on quad screen.

I know I have played 8 minute matches with my kids. I just asked my 9yo and he said you can set them for infinite. :)

WiiCube_2013

Trophies
XP
Country
Gaza Strip
In smash it also depends alot on charecter s and place a lot though. I mean I have had a bunch of 5 min plus matches

5mins for Online matches? I didn't look at the timer but could've sworn it'd be around 3mins.

Did you mean Splatoon? I thought you had an adapter and real GC controllers for Smash? If you meant the Hori controllers are better for Splatoon, I will consider it after getting the game but I am already on controller hell. 4 Wii motes/nunchuck, 3 WUPro, adapter and 3 GC. Will have to wrap my brain around what is possible as afar as multi player with this games. Need to get my eyes checked I was not enjoying mk8 last night on quad screen.

I know I have played 8 minute matches with my kids. I just asked my 9yo and he said you can set them for infinite. :)

I meant it for Smash because if one can't be bothered to buy the adapter and controller then the Hori controller is a great replacement too and works with most Wii and Wii U games, as long as it's supported that is.

As for Splatoon I think this is final:

Player 1 - GamePad
Player 2 - WUPC (Local multiplayer)

I'd hope that when I get the game that I'd see on the rear cover more controllers supported but this is what's known so far.

Good thing I bought the Higher Capacity battery for the GamePad because the original wouldn't last for too long.

RevPokemon

GBATemp's 3rd Favorite Transgirl
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
5mins for Online matches? I didn't look at the timer but could've sworn it'd be around 3mins.

I meant it for Smash because if one can't be bothered to buy the adapter and controller then the Hori controller is a great replacement too and works with most Wii and Wii U games, as long as it's supported that is.

As for Splatoon I think this is final:

Player 1 - GamePad
Player 2 - WUPC (Local multiplayer)

I'd hope that when I get the game that I'd see on the rear cover more controllers supported but this is what's known so far.

Good thing I bought the Higher Capacity battery for the GamePad because the original wouldn't last for too long.

Was referring to Laval multiplayer

TecXero

Technovert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Maybe if it had better local multiplayer support. As it is, nah, but it's not exactly targeted at me, anyway, which is fine. I don't like online multiplayer, I stick to local. Now if it ever does have splitscreen multiplayer modes that go up to four players, then sure. It looks fun.

WiiCube_2013

Trophies
XP
Country
Gaza Strip
This is how the disc looks like:

CFKFJcPUgAEXliu.jpg:large

http://nintendoeverything.com/a-look-at-the-splatoon-disc-art/

Bummer. No Squid Boy or Girl. Meh, it's fine.

Arras

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I would imagine they kept them short in the demo to allow as many people in as possible.

Btw what is the longest match in smash?
I doubt the matches will be longer than 3 minutes by default. The songs used in the demo end just about when the match ends.

jefffisher

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
after seeing that crappy commercial with the worst voice over i have ever heard i didn't even want to play the demo.
unless it has a spectacular story mode this will be the first first party nintendo game i didn't buy since the N64.

Kikirini

Zelda Fangirl
Trophies
Website
kuroshouri.com
XP
Country
United States
Well... I told myself I had no interest in Splatoon over and over again since E3 of last year... buuuut I just pre-ordered it. And I'm keeping an eye out for the amiibo restock. My wallet is powerless against Nintendo. -.-

Reactions: thorasgar

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: :ninja: