Would you buy Metal Slug remastered?

Discussion in 'Other Consoles & Oldies' started by leafeon34, Jul 23, 2017.

1. leafeon34
    OP

leafeon34 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Sep 30, 2014
    I've been playing the GOG release of Metal Slug 2 and am really loving it. It's a shame that in this day and age a game which once had excellent graphics now looks pixelated and dated. The gameplay and audio still are superb.

Good graphics don't make a game good, but they do make an already good game better.

Needless to say, Metal Slug remastered would be an insta-buy from me.

2. SANIC

SANIC GBATemp's Sonic Fan in Residence, 後

Jan 13, 2017
    United States
    A remake would be better imo, just remastering it would look lazy

3. DaFixer

DaFixer Dare to be stupid

Aug 29, 2010
    Netherlands
    In my mencave ;)
    No remake/remaster needed, just use a good neo geo emulator and use scanlines (like old crt tv's)

[​IMG]

8BitWonder likes this.
  4. azoreseuropa

azoreseuropa GBAtemp Guru

Nov 6, 2002
    Portugal
    Proud to be Portuguese but I am in USA.
    I enjoyed them a lot in the past when I were teenager. However, to be honest with you, the scanlines (like old crt tv's) is ugly and annoying. I don't like it. :)

5. SG6000

SG6000 GBAtemp Regular

Nov 2, 2015
    Some games with glorious hand drawn pixel art need a good 4:3 CRT to be played on. The next best thing would be playing them on a modern panel through a proper upscaler like an OSSC. Failing those options, playing them on a 240p panel (like on a 3DS) in 1:1 pixel mode with integer scaling will make them shine. Every other option (even ones that don't technically exist) would be such a downgrade that I can see why someone might think that there's a problem.

6. leafeon34
    OP

leafeon34 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Sep 30, 2014
    The GOG release has a good emulator with optional scanlines. This helps a lot but on my laptop screen it still looks pixelated and the animations don't look quite as smooth as they once did. The Neo Geo hardware just isn't as capable as something 25 years newer than it.

That would be best.