Hacking would you buy G6 AGAIN? (no G6REAL, normal)

test84

GBAtemp's last ninja 2.
OP
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Iran
would you buy G6 again?
if you are going to buy another slot-2 solution (since i need GBA too), what would you buy?
i'm asking it here since i want to know opinion of ppl who already have G6 since maybe i try to get another card since of corruption problems.
thnx.

Solver

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For a slot 2 solution, I have like the G6 pretty well. I also have an R4 and love how easy it is (drag and drop). By having both, I can use the browser (which is cool). I haven't used any other slot 2 solutions, so I can't compare. I wish it was updated more frequently since often some of the new games aren't compatible until they update their loader software. If there was a drag and drop slot 2 solution that almost never needed software updates (like the R4) I'd prefer it. Now I use my G6 only for GBA and the browser since the R4 rules and I have numerous MicroSD cards for DS games. Interestingly, I find the G6 to be expensive compared to the R4 ($80 vs $30 + $10 for a 1GB MicroSD) when I think of it as less powerful, even though the R4 can't do slot 2.

VVoltz

The Pirate Lord
Trophies
XP
Country
I was looking a cart for playing GBA games.
The best one is G6, BUT I won't pay 90USD for a GBA cart, even if its the best.

I wouldn't pay 90USD (again, err... with the R4 out now) either for it as a DS solution, since it requires another hardware/software option for it to work.

I have a DS-X (it was worth it when I bought it), but since the team has stopped supporting it, last week I got a EZV combo (with 3in1) from Dealextreme.com.

Destructobot

Crave the Hammer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I think the R4 + EZ-Flash 3-in-1 is a better choice at this point. That combo and a microSD card costs slightly less than a Chinese G6 lite (from dealextreme.com) and a Passcard, and has significantly better support and DS compatibility.

I would get a Chinese G6 lite (from dealextreme.com) if I wanted a cart with an RTC, of if I wanted to transfer saves to and from retail DS and GBA games. I'd still want an R4 for DS games though.

I would not get an English G6 lite at this point. For them to still charge $90 for that thing is unacceptable. The Chinese G6 lite gets updates much more frequently, and it costs half as much.

mthrnite

So it goes.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
United States
I'd buy it again too. It's been a great little cart, with regular and ongoing updates (even though there's been a few stretches of fear that "slot 2 devices are dead, and all that.) I had corruption within the first week of buying it back about a year ago. I re-formatted it and haven't had a problem since. I like the storage, I like the interface, I like the updates, speed and compatibility, and I like the ebook reader. It's a bit expensive, I agree with that, but apart from that, it's all good.

gixxaman

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have had my G6 for a year and have had no problems. It was well worth the $100 i spent on it. For the amount of the games i have played and the trouble free operation it has provided it was a great purchase. P.S. also bought one for my moms DS

h8uthemost

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If I didn't already have a slot 1, then yes, I would buy the G6 Lite again. It has the best DS menu.

But since I want a better menu for GBA games(the only reason I'm using my G6 Lite for now), I'm going to get an EZ IV Deluxe. The menu on the GBA side of the G6 Lite, is absolutely horrible. I can't believe they haven't updated it. That's just plain lazy.

scandal_uk

Not Really There
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I've bought eight G6 Lites (English) which are all heavily used and only one had significant problems.

It happens, but not often.

And the updates for G6 Lite English ARE frequent, they just don't end up on the Handheldsources site. I often check at http://www.linfoxdomain.com/nintendo/ds/ because this site gets the chinese releases of the English updates sometimes many weeks before they appear on HandheldSources.

Sweater Fish Del

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Like h8uthemost said, the GBA menu on the G6 is really bad. It's a great card in almost every way aside from that, but if GBA is most of what you'll be using it for, I can't say I'd recommend a G6 Lite.

I also don't personally like the 3-in-1 as a GBA solution since you have to transfer the game you want to play to it every time you want to play a different game. I'd rather have all my ROMs on the cart and select them there.

EZ Flash IV seems to be the best choice to me if you want a Lite sized cart.

...word is bondage...

HellShade

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I'd recommend a 3 in 1 for one reason and one reason only:

$15 USD.

But otherwise, get an EZIV. It's good for what it's worth.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I'm in my birthday suit! Lol