Would you buy a spare <4.5 3ds?

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by mmfsm, Dec 25, 2013.

1. mmfsm
    OP

mmfsm Member

Newcomer
    Dec 1, 2013
    Mexico
    considering they are still in the wild, and hacking doesnt seem to be possible ever for more than 4.5.
    the 3ds is still young, so a lot of malfunctions and damages can happen over its lifespan.

2. Pong20302000

Pong20302000 making notes on everything

Sep 8, 2009
    One's inner self
    lol 3DS is coming up for its 3rd Birthday now
    i own 9 consoles and none of them have had Malfunctions,
    you forget this console is made by Nintendo, not Sony or Microsoft

only damage over lifespan will be by stupid users

3. jax604

jax604 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jul 23, 2012
    Canada
    The CIty
    I have a original 3DS and a 3DS xl both on 4.5 but i don't consider the other one a spare, since i mainly used the xl at home and original for travels. Unless you're really that obsessed with the 3ds, I don't see the need for a spare.

4. Governa

Governa Member

Newcomer
    May 15, 2009
    nope, I wouldn't. haven't had a single Nintendo product fail on me yet (NES, GBC, GBA, NDS Lite, 3DS XL) and even if they did hey life goes on, if/when that time comes I'll probably be too invested on the next big thing.

5. Psionic Roshambo

Psionic Roshambo GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Aug 12, 2011
    United States
    If you have the money to buy more than one of a console I say go for it. Nothing like having a back up in case of emergency :)

6. Schizoanalysis

Schizoanalysis From somewhere inside the rabbit hole...

Jun 23, 2009
    I do.

In case of accidental breakage, theft (i.e. bag stolen with 3DS inside it) or accidental updating (has happened to some)...

7. dagro

dagro GBAtemp Regular

Nov 20, 2013
    now i am curious why 9?

8. pwsincd

pwsincd Garage Flower

GBAtemp Patron
    pwsincd is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Dec 4, 2011
    Manchester UK
    , i just sold two <4.5's . Sick of seeing them not used..

9. juins

juins GBAtemp Fan

Sep 13, 2003
    i respect your work pong but cmon,.. that post will provoke fanboy bullshit post exchange... im not even a console user.. i solely play on pc and 3ds.

And well IMO, i bought a 2nd 3ds real cheap like in 9/10 condition, problem is, this 3ds is (e) and still stuck on 1.00.03, i havent been able to find a (EUR) cartidge down here in central america. maybe one day.

In the end, if u can save or spare the amount, DO IT. its kinda like GC controllers, real hard to find, for Smash Melee. In my country / region anyways. (Nicaragua)

10. blazeddd

blazeddd Member

Newcomer
    Dec 16, 2013
    United States
    I saw a 4.5 Motherboard for sale on ebay. Legit seller with good feedback on em and I build custom computers from time to time.
    So tempted to buy it just so I could get 4.5 on my 3ds, but def not willing to open that bad boy up after seeing pictures of a screen replacement on a 3ds.

But I just couldn't buy another 3ds with 4.5, especially since it would most likely have to be used or if it was new- overpriced as hell.
    I just wish Nintendo would release a christmas patch that would have some sort of super vulnerability so we could all play 3ds games. LOL! Not a chance though.

11. Quincy

Quincy Your own personal guitarist :3

Nov 13, 2008
    Netherlands
    Your house, robbing your stuff
    I've had a spare since the little amazon italy slip up :P