Hacking Would you buy a Sky3DS if there was no limit?

Would you buy a Sky3DS if there was no limit?

• Yes, its worth the price if there is no limit!

Votes: 44 36.7%
  • No, Gateway is still better!

Votes: 76 63.3%

• Total voters

Ra1d

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
I don't think they will remove the limit, at least not any time soon.

Right now they have stocks of limited sky3ds which they need to sell (and geteway screwed them over, which means the sales are probably not going as planned, although I'm sure they're still selling).

But in Short :

If it was gateway 4.5 vs Sky3DS UNLIMITED, I would consider sky3ds.

Right now, even if they release unlimited, gateway all the way and personally for me, one of the main reasons is Region Unlock and Dev Menu.

tony_2018

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
As stated, it gets the job done without having to deal with extra effort, for those who want to just play there region roms and online play. If people want more out of there device than they need to get GW.

Apache Thunder

I have cameras in your head!
Trophies
Website
www.mariopc.co.nr
XP
Country
United States
I'm sure there's alternatives to Gateway on the poll. There needs to be a third option for "other Gateway clone" or something.

Aside from that, I would say I would not buy it for the simple fact that I can't run homebrew on it. All the thing does is emulate real carts and thus you can't do anything other then pirate games on it. I would like to do things like edit save files and run homebrew and that's certainly not going to happen on a Sky3DS. :P

Lucifer666

all the world needs is me
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Sky3DS is a piracy device, so no

I'm mostly getting Gateway for the home-brew and emunand, the only ROM loading I'll use is when I wanna try a game before i buy it

Keeping your system from updating isn't actually that hard

smasbros

Trophies
XP
Country
gw3ds failed for passby 3ds 9.3.0 , and I updated incorrectly my 2ds to 9.3 by mistake when going to eshop. Then, I have to say goodbye gateway , and turn to sky3ds side.

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
why not? gateway is blocked by 9.3 now, so it will be blocked by 9.4, 9.5..i think, and sky3ds works
Gateway is only ever blocked temporarily. When Sky3DS is blocked on whatever firmware update, it may well be blocked permanently unless they release an emuNAND similar to Gateway's.

As long as people followed directions and stayed on 9.0 - 9.2, they'll be rewarded with a card that has more functionality and costs less (by a healthy margin) than Sky3DS.

Reactions: Margen67

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: It's so unfair, maybe AI can save us lol