Internet killed the Ponystar.
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Croatia
1) it was absolutely not hackable whatsoever (just theoretically, everything manmade will be hacked sooner or later)

2) the price was extraterrestrially high (speaking of ps3)

3) the console might have a short live because of various reasons like inferior technique or something

so.... would you?

Veho

The man who cried "Ni".
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
1) it was absolutely not hackable whatsoever (just theoretically, everything manmade will be hacked sooner or later)

2) the price was extraterrestrially high (speaking of ps3)

3) the console might have a short live because of various reasons like inferior technique or something

so.... would you?
You speak madness boy, madness.
lecture.gif

1) I bought the Wii before there was even talk of modchips (well, there's always talk of modchips). I bought a launch console without guarantee I'd ever be able to mod it. Yet I knew it would be cracked one day, and in fact, I was counting on it. Does that count?

2) The price will go down. Eventually. I wouldn't buy a very expensive console ("expensive" is a vague term, isn't it? I spent $650 on the Wii, and the Wii's supposed to be a "cheap" console). But when the price drops, I would buy a console I like. A high price is only a temporary setback. Does that count as "not buying because of high price"?

3) Only games determine the lifespan of a console. "Superior technology" will be obsolete within a year, but quality games will keep a console afloat for years. You can't talk about lifespan, and especially not predict a short one, before the console actually dies (gets abandoned by fans as well as developers). This criteria makes no sense.

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
*looks at gamegear in the corner
Guess the answer is yes.

Seriously though I would wait a year from launch to see what advances have been made (and the effectiveness of them) before dropping wedge on something.

The Teej

Also known as The Tjalian
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
zeldapower.com
XP
Country
Depends, what are the games like? What does it have to offer that the other consoles don't?

(And if you say 4D Graphics, I'm likely to punch you
wink.gif
)

Scorpei

Trophies
Website
scorpei.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
Yes, the GP2X isn't hackable as it's already opensource (kinda). I would buy one in a flash if I had the money lying around.
QUOTE2) the price was extraterrestrially high (speaking of ps3)
No, that sucks. Yes we want the best for our money, but using the latest and greatest of techniques is simply silly if you ask me
tongue.gif

Psyfira

Credit: 0ml. Insert tea to continue
Trophies
XP
Country
1) Yes

2) No (rather get a cheaper one and have money left over than one expensive console)

3) Debateable. If there were a lot of games out for it already that I wanted to play and it was reasonably priced then yes, otherwise no.

mthrnite

So it goes.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
United States
I bought a 3DO
1 as far as I know it was not hackable whatsoever
2 it was 450.00 and that was after a couple of price drops
3 playstation came along and pretty much killed it dead.

I still have it. Still play it sometimes, though the cdrom is wonky.

Ain't gettin' no PS3 though. At least the 3DO at the time was miles beyond anything else.
PS3 is too close in quality (right now anyway) to microsoft's box.

leetdude_007

Official GBAtemp Assassin That Has Never Killed An
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
No. I wouldn't buy it... unless other people had it and I felt like it was all worth the bullshit that that machine may give me.

mikeosoft

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
the 3do has no copy protection what-so-ever mthrnite. Just for your info.

You can just stick a 3do game into a pc and burn a 1:1 copy throw it in and the console boots it fine.

back to the topic;

I think you need to specify some info on game library. in all honesty i know i personally, and everyone i know who plays videogames, we all have consoles based on the game library we want. i mean i know for a fact i would never purchase a ps3 within the next year since it has not a single game i am looking for. However, if sony doesn't raise the price of the system in the next 2 years (hey with sony you never do know), and some damn good titles come to the system, hell i might have to bite...

DjoeN

Captain Haddock!
Trophies
Website
djoen.dommel.be
XP
Country
Belgium
1. Yes
2. Depends
3. Yes

Gotta Love My Atari Jaguar + CD
Gotta Love My Panasonic FZ-1 R.E.A.L. 3DO and Panasonic FZ-10 R.E.A.L. 3DO
Gotta Love My Atari Lynx

And as stated before, yes you sould just copy 3DO games, same for Atari Jaguar Discs.
But was there ever a descent flashkit for Jaguar or Lynx ?

But yes i would buy a console even if i knew it was unhackable.
Depends on how my account is and if i can afford to spend it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: This movie rip so werid has 1080p quality but the audios ripped with movie theater audio quality