Would you be excited to live through an apocalypse?

tijntje_7

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Errhm...
No. I think it would be horrible :/
Lots of people will die, shortage on all sorts of supplies, many people will be sad.
I don't think so.
You?

The Pi

Lurker
Trophies
XP
Country
Yeah! It would be heavy fun.

Walking over dead bodies, taking shoes from them, food running out, clean water running out, hunger, pain, death but don't forget! It's great for us!

... Get a life.

redact

‮҉
Trophies
XP
Country
Mauritania
The Pi said:

Walking over dead bodies, taking shoes from them, food running out, clean water running out, hunger, pain, death but don't forget! It's great for us!

... Get a life.
you may have ruined your "1337" post count but it was worth it for such a great post

Shockwind

SHINEEE!!!
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Of course NOT!
mad.gif
I'm not excited, I'm gonna be sad because many people are gonna be dead. If I'm the one who starts this topic and ask you if your excited or not, what are you gonna say?

bazamuffin

RESIDENT HATER OF POLITICAL POSTING WANKSTAINS
Trophies
XP
Country
Uruguay
Feel free to persecute me here, but I think the only good that could possibly come from such an event is that the Earth would get a chance to restore itself after everything we've done to and taken from it. It could be an awesome place and it gives us so much, but its been ruined.

MelissaUS

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Haha sorry guys... too much playing Fallout
shy.gif

My answer is NO
It would be horrible that many people will die
I like having a regular supply of clean water.
I like having a regular supply of clean food.
I like having access to medical care.
I like the company of quite a few other people, if not all.
I like feeling safe when I lock my doors at night and go to bed.
I like feeling safe when I walk down the street and generally go about my day.
I like having electricity and heating for my home.
I like being able to get new clothes when they wear out.
I like having vehicles that can transport me long distances in short periods of time.
So think about it:) The life is good, huh?

Forstride

The rudder moves when I turn the wheel
Trophies
Website
forstride.stormbit.net
XP
Country
United States
Zombie apocalypse, yes, as it's a lifelong "dream" of mine. Call me crazy, but I love the idea of beating the odds and smashing zombie brains in.

A natural disaster style apocalypse, or say the Rapture, no I would never want to live through that.

Z

Zorua

TDWP FTW said:
Zombie apocalypse, yes, as it's a lifelong "dream" of mine. Call me crazy, but I love the idea of beating the odds and smashing zombie brains in.

A natural disaster style apocalypse, or say the Rapture, no I would never want to live through that.

Yeah, it just happened too. The Japan disaster. OP, I don't think you'd like to live through an Apocalypse after hearing how bad the Japan tsunami was.

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Real life- I have done the living from (well seriously augmented by) the land bit for a while and it is not that fun. Wind in the added pressures of societal collapse (my nice camping/woodsman setup being less polished) and it gets even less fun and my chances of getting far are not good.

As a total immersion/"holodeck" scenario- sign me up.

Personally I would be far more interested in being dropped somewhere random (not necessarily wilderness) and having to drag myself back to somewhere.

@bazamuffin I have not looked at the maths but one of the current theories goes that owing to the resources used the chances of a future civilisation rising up are somewhat diminished. Not that I wish to advocate on behalf of a hypothetical civilisation though.

bazamuffin

RESIDENT HATER OF POLITICAL POSTING WANKSTAINS
Trophies
XP
Country
Uruguay
FAST6191 said:
@bazamuffin I have not looked at the maths but one of the current theories goes that owing to the resources used the chances of a future civilisation rising up are somewhat diminished. Not that I wish to advocate on behalf of a hypothetical civilisation though.

I just said it was a possibilty, nothing more. Im no eco-warrior but I do believe that we really have wrecked the planet with all the drilling that goes on. You drill as many holes in a piece of wood as you can, but eventually the structural integrity will be compromised and it will start to fall apart. I believe these natural disasters would have happened at some point, but mans abuse of the planet has been the catalyst.

Ikki

GBATemp's grumpy panda.
Trophies
XP
Country
Uruguay
Nah. I like my living people.

mercluke said:
The Pi said:

... Get a life.
you may have ruined your "1337" post count but it was worth it for such a great post

He didn't ruin it with that, posts don't go up here.

ProtoKun7

GBAtemp Time Lord Regenerations: 4
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
It won't be an apocalypse in the sense that you may be thinking of, but I may well do. It will certainly be...interesting.

Ikki said:
mercluke said:
The Pi said:

... Get a life.

Yes they do.

Ikki

GBATemp's grumpy panda.
Trophies
XP
Country
Uruguay
ProtoKun7 said:
It won't be an apocalypse in the sense that you may be thinking of, but I may well do. It will certainly be...interesting.

Ikki said:
mercluke said:
The Pi said:

... Get a life.

Yes they do.

Have they always? o.o

I thought Introductions, Blogs, EoF and this were the ones your post count doesn't go up.

MelodieOctavia

Just your friendly neighborhood Transbian.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
yourmom.com
XP
Country
Djibouti
I lived through Hurricane Andrew. We had to pick through all the wreckage to make sure there were no trapped survivors. A few times while doing this we were shot at and accused of looting.

So, no. It would no be exciting. at all.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @LeoTCK actually good quality products are dying out because they can't compete with dropshipped chinese crap
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    @LeoTCK is your partner the sascrotch or smth?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Good morning
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Out of nowhere I got several scars on my forearm and part of my arm and it really itches.
  • AdRoz78 @ AdRoz78:
    Hey, I bought a modchip today and it says "New 2040plus" in the top left corner. Is this a legit chip or was I scammed?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    @AdRoz78 start a thread and post a photo of the chip.
    +2
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Yawn
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    and good morning everyone
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @BakerMan, his partner is Luke
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    Sup nerds
    +1
  • Flame @ Flame:
    oh hi, Sickly
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Oh hi flame
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    @K3Nv2 what was your ps4 situation
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    did you always have a ps4 you never updated
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    or were you able to get new ps4 tracking it \
    as soon as the hack was announced
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    or did you have to find a used one with the lower firm ware that was not updated
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I got this ps4 at launch and never updated since 9.0
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    You got a good chance of buying a used one and asking the seller how often they used or even ask for a Pic of fw and telling them not to update
  • RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars:
    Speaking of PLaystation. I see Evilnat put out a beta for PS3 CFW 4.91.2 on the 22nd.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Don't really see the point in updating it tbh
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea you right, I thought about updating my PS3 CFW to 4.91, but why really, everything plays fine now. I guess for people that have already updated past 4.9 it would be helpful.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Idk if online servers are still active that would be my only thought
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Thats true, personally I don't play it online at all, in fact, I deleted all wifi details on it once I installed CFW, so it won't connect and auto-update itself
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Thats true, personally I don't play it online at all, in fact, I deleted all wifi details on it...