Hardware Would you be able to swap the guts of n3ds and XL?

umbcap

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey, I've seen before that people would do that with a old 3ds if they wanted to get a like Japan only model and make it an NA model. Wanted to ask here where people may know more.

I'm not aware of what all is inside the n3ds and XL so this may sound stupid but isn't the only main difference the actual console and screen size(I could be entirely wrong but ok)? Does anyone know or think it would be possible to swap the guts of an XL into a standard model then?

I'm asking because I think it's absolutely stupid that NA isn't getting the regular one that I wanted for a number of reasons and who knows when they'll announce it, if they do at all.

I was just thinking up possibilities of being able to use an import or if it would just be a waste, so thanks in advance!

Maximilious

Whistles a familiar tune
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No, the game card slot and other slots for power ect are in different places. Unless you want to chop up your current XL case and have "holes" in the old slot locations then probably no issue, but you will also need to chop a hole for RF for super stable 3D, ect. so probably not worth it.

umbcap

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wait...are we even on the same page here? I'm talking about the new 3ds XL and the standard new 3ds. I know they may be spaced a bit differently but wondered if it could be done still? :x

Maximilious

Whistles a familiar tune
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wait...are we even on the same page here? I'm talking about the new 3ds XL and the standard new 3ds. I know they may be spaced a bit differently but wondered if it could be done still? :x

Ah sorry, read the post wrong. I'm not sure on the N3DS and N3DS XL. I would say no because the screen is larger and likely can't fit in the shell of the N3DS. Button spacing may also be an issue but not sure. Who knows, perhaps someone has un-shelled both an XL and regular to see if the boards are exactly the same.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: They really wanna get the head