Professional Coke Fiend
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I know that there are issues trying to trading from a rom to a retail cart but I had a thought.....would it be possible to flash emerald or firered to the 3in1 or similar slot2 and trade pokemon using pokemon XD? has anyone tested this????

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
The problem is that the game tries to use flash reading techniques but as the GBA carts use SRAM then it falls over and as far as I am aware the same happens for the cube/wii (most of the older GBA cart forums are gone but there have been a few threads on the subject).

There is however no problem in ripping a save from the cart and patching a rom before restoring the save (save ripping and restoring was prefected early on) or if you were really up for a challenge patch a gc/wii iso (it could possibly be done with an AR code as well but I would not like to guess there).

InuYasha

Professional Coke Fiend
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
FAST6191 said:
The problem is that the game tries to use flash reading techniques but as the GBA carts use SRAM then it falls over and as far as I am aware the same happens for the cube/wii (most of the older GBA cart forums are gone but there have been a few threads on the subject).

There is however no problem in ripping a save from the cart and patching a rom before restoring the save (save ripping and restoring was prefected early on) or if you were really up for a challenge patch a gc/wii iso (it could possibly be done with an AR code as well but I would not like to guess there).

I don't suppose it possible to patch the gba rom to make it work?,doesn't include messing with the save file cause if I recall it requires wifi to use savesender or whatever the program was called.....

krazykirk

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I'm not really sure what you're trying to ask, but if you flash a pokemon to the NOR memory in a 3-in-1, it will work just like a retail cart.

http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=83647

That explains how to dump GBA ROMS,

If you want to dump NDS roms, theres a guide floating around that you can use.

You don't have to use wifi.

InuYasha

Professional Coke Fiend
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Basically trying to find some way to migrate from slot2 (emerald) to retail cart slot 1.... sadly which probaly not possible.....

Minox

Thanks for the fish
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
WileCoyote said:
Basically trying to find some way to migrate from slot2 (emerald) to retail cart slot 1.... sadly which probaly not possible.....
It works...if you follow a not so easy guide and use a Scds1 and a Slot 2 Supercard.

Destructobot

Crave the Hammer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
WileCoyote said:
There are two ways to do that. First, you can get a retail Emerald cart, transfer your save to it, and use it to migrate your pokemons to the retail Diamond/Pearl cart.

The second option is to use a 3-in-1 to migrate the pokemen to a patched D/P rom on a slot 1 flashcart, then transfer that save to your D/P cart. You can also do this with the M3 Real GBA expansion (or an M3 Perfect) or a slot 2 Supercard, but only in conjunction with the matching slot 1 cart. The 3-in-1 can do this with any slot 1 flashcart.

There is currently no way to migrate pokeymans from a flashcart directly to a retail game pak.

Minox_IX: The SCDS1 is not a retail Pokemon game pak.

InuYasha

Professional Coke Fiend
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Destructobot said:
WileCoyote said:
There are two ways to do that. First, you can get a retail Emerald cart, transfer your save to it, and use it to migrate your pokemons to the retail Diamond/Pearl cart.

The second option is to use a 3-in-1 to migrate the pokemen to a patched D/P rom on a slot 1 flashcart, then transfer that save to your D/P cart. You can also do this with the M3 Real GBA expansion (or an M3 Perfect) or a slot 2 Supercard, but only in conjunction with the matching slot 1 cart. The 3-in-1 can do this with any slot 1 flashcart.

There is currently no way to migrate pokeymans from a flashcart directly to a retail game pak.

Minox_IX: The SCDS1 is not a retail Pokemon game pak.

Well if that requires wifi i'm SOL,I do have the emerald retail cart(which is my whole purpose for this,to snag a mew from it) since I don't own a cheat device to do the warp code myself.....

Destructobot

Crave the Hammer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
You don't need wifi to transfer a save to a retail game pak, just a flashcart (wifi isn't even an option on the GBA). Transferring saves to a retail game pak is actually a lot easier than getting the save off of one. Eepinator will work for DS games, and cart_save or Rudolph's GBA Backup Tool will do the job for GBA games.

Destructobot

Crave the Hammer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
No, go into Save Restore mode (press R or L), select a save file and press A to write that save to the game pak. The save needs to be in the GBA_Backup folder unless you specified a different folder in the GBA_Backup_Tool.ini file.

InuYasha

Professional Coke Fiend
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Destructobot said:
No, go into Save Restore mode (press R or L), select a save file and press A to write that save to the game pak. The save needs to be in the GBA_Backup folder unless you specified a different folder in the GBA_Backup_Tool.ini file.

It made it's own folder on my R4 Md card(I didn't choose where to put it) I assume the save needs to be sent back with the same file name for it to work correct? I got a few things to do with the save before I send it back
smile.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: Tattle-tale :creep: