Would this work to get rid of A9LH without backup?

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by SirBeethoven, Apr 28, 2016.

1. SirBeethoven
    OP

SirBeethoven 3.145.... something. E=mc2

Nov 26, 2015
    United States
    Couldn't we just inject original Firm 0 and 1 using Decrypt9 booted into using Arm9LoaderHax? It's only Luma3DS that actually blocks the firm writing. So if we use Decrypt9 as the default payload, we could just do that :) one thing about that... Is FIRM0 and FIRM1 console unique? It doesn't seem like it since you can just inject A9LH firms into the NAND
    just to clarify, I myself don't want to get rid of A9LH- I just saw another thread on this question - it just seemed like a logical answer (I don't know anything on FIRM writes so don't count me credible)

Last edited by SirBeethoven, Apr 28, 2016
  2. Supster131

Supster131 (づ。◕‿‿◕。)づ *:・゚✧

Jan 19, 2016
    United States
    My Computer
    I wouldn't risk using FIRMS not from your system (someone else feel free to clarify if it's safe or not).
    If you're on an o3DS, you can just disable FIRM patches and either update or downgrade your system. This will remove A9LH from your system.
    DO NOT DO THAT ON A N3DS however! It will cause a brick.

Also, why would you want to remove A9LH? :P

3. SirBeethoven
    OP

SirBeethoven 3.145.... something. E=mc2

Nov 26, 2015
    United States
    Oh, lol, never will I get rid of A9LH, just to clarify- I just saw another thread on this question - it just seemed like a logical answer (I don't know anything on FIRM writes so don't count me credible)

Last edited by SirBeethoven, Apr 28, 2016
  4. daxtsu

daxtsu GBAtemp Guru

Jun 9, 2007
    Antarctica
    As far as I know, FIRM0 and FIRM1 are not console specific in their plaintext/decrypted forms, however, they do get decrypted using xorpads specific to your console. Fixing FIRM0/FIRM1 isn't enough though, at least when it comes to N3DS; you'd also have to fix the corrupted secret key sector. On O3DS you don't need to worry about the key sector, since it doesn't exist normally. Failure to fix the key sector for N3DS will result in a brick if the FIRMs are fine, since they'll decrypt to garbage. You'd need a hardmod to fix it then. That's also why updating in the recovery mode bricks N3DS, since the update does not fix the key sector.

SirBeethoven and CrispyYoshi like this.