Hacking Would this scenario be possible? (Regarding CFW on a JPN N3DS LL and games from other regions.)

zephor

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I have a Japanese N3DS LL that I purchased not too long ago, and I plan on throwing CFW on it, to start using as my main system (giving my US region one to my spouse). Would I be able to install backup cia's on this system from other regions (primarily US), and still be able to play with her and possibly online if the game supports it?

Looked into changing the region on emuNAND, but that appears to lock out the eShop (which I may still use occasionally). The process seems to be too much of a hassle as well.

Thanks for any input!

izy

Advanced Tech Pleb
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Answer is Yes you can

You can get banned for playing out of region CIAs online but the only ones i have seen do it is Monster Hunter X

(ban is only 2 weeks)

Though you both need the same region game to play local multiplayer o you will hae to install US games

Last edited by izy,

zephor

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There wont be any potential problems with this? Sweet!

All I have to worry about now is transferring all my saves over, which will be a tiresome process.. let alone installing all the games again.

EDIT: I heard about the out of region CIA thing, but haven't experience anything yet (playing patched MHX online daily from my US 3DS). Same region game is self-explanatory ^^

Last edited by zephor,

Rajang84

Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
Hello guys

Cant seem to find a link after doing a search on GBAtemp.

Hoping someone can help me as I have an old 3dsxl on version 8.1 with gateway 3ds on version 3.7.1.

However, when trying to run the MHX.3ds file (already been patched to v10) in gateway mode, I get a black screen when the game starts to load.

Would anyone have any advice for me on how to get pass this issue or any guide that I can follow? Thank you very much.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    maaaaan that's so awesome but I also don't want to fork over a hundo for it
  • Veho @ Veho:
    The fuuuuu---
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I thought it was an actual xBox at that price.
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I wanna grab a 360 Slim and a 360 E one of these days. Missed the boat of getting them at their lowest though, once they were discontinued. Could've got them for cheap back when I was a broke 20 something working at Target, but then again, I was a broke 20 something working at Target
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Being broke is no fun.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @Sicklyboy, $150 isn't that bad for a jtag slim on ebay
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I only wish it was actually playable.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    There's a guy on the Tube of You that makes playable mechanical arcade games out of Lego. This could work on the same principle.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Just a couple of guys taking their manatee out for some fresh air, why you have to molest them?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Stupid Chinese shop switched their shipping company and this one is slooooooow.
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    STOP BUYING CHINESE CRAP THEN
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    SUPPORT LOCAL PRODUCTS, MAKE REVOLUTION
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THEY KEEP REMOVING LOCAL SHIt AND REPLACING WItH INFERIOR CHINESE CRAP
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THATS WHY MY PARTNER CANT GET A GOOTWEAR HIS SIZE ANYMORE
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    HE HAS BIG FOOT AND BIG DUCK
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    d*ck i mean*
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    lol
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Mkay.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I just ordered another package from China just to spite you.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Leo could not withstand communism.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Its OUR products to begin with lol.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Its OUR products to begin with lol.