Hardware Would this External HDD work on my Wii?

JN_big3

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi Guys, I was going to buy a Delkin External HDD 320 GB and I was wondering if it is compatible with the Wii. I searched the compatibility list but I couldn't find it. It looks like this
Delkin-2.5-sata-Silver.jpg

Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States
If no one else has an answer, I would say buy one on the compatibility list if you're solely going for Wii compatibility. That way you know it works and you won't have wasted money/won't have to return one you thought worked.

andreimoto

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
kppnmakassar2.net
XP
Country
Indonesia
in my experience, the compability issues related to the HDD spin (rpm)
ive been use internal HDD with USB adapter, sometimes wii detect it, sometimes not.
so i use stabilizer and it has no problem anymore.

be sure what inside that casing. (maybe toshiba, WD, seagate, etc)

i agreed that WD (mypassport) is #1 for our wii

obcd

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
The new WD my passport drives that are usb 3.0 compatible don't work very well on the wii.
They don't work very well under linux either, and windows xp keeps insisting for the install of a special driver.

And you can't remove the drive to install it in another enclosure. The usb interface is integrated in the drive electronics.

So, maybe the older ones were fine, but I shouldn't recommend them anymore.

On the other hand, a western digital 2.5 inch portable pc drive in a low cost usb enclosure works fine.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy: For example, one of my other favorite songs from them, with some massive house music influence - +1