Hacking Would The Wii Be Able To Emulate 3DS Games?

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
Switch and 3DS both use ARM, not sure how that's a different architecture. Not sure where you got the idea they're different CPU architectures.
And since DraStic is already ported to RetroArch and runs great, I could see the Switch running it eventually.

D

Deleted User

Don't bother. 1. The Wii isn't 3D. 2. It dosen't have the right controller. 3. It just sounds stupid for the fuckin Wii, to emulate the 3ds
2nd point is flawed, just use a classic controller, and I guess point for touch controlls... (lol)
But Yah, it's unlikely anyways

kevincrans

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Call me crazy, but I believe both Wii and Wii u do also have an ARM9 chip, it's only a matter of accessibility.

D

Deleted User

Call me crazy, but I believe both Wii and Wii u do also have an ARM9 chip, it's only a matter of accessibility.
Uh no. 3ds has two chips, arm9 and arm11. Arm11 handles everything releated to 3ds end. Arm 9 while in 3ds mode is the security processor. When in ds mode, arm11 goes into a low power state and arm9 becomes the main chip, handling ds games. This is still highly unlikely.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    @K3Nv2 Snow Day is pretty fun. My only bitch would be the camera controls, when you move around, say down, you have to move the right stick left or right to get camera to turn and get your view, other than that I like it so far.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    From what people say pvp isn't even worth it
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I just been playing offline, and they give you a few bots here n there on your team to help battle. I don't think it's as funny as the other games tho, more battle oriented than humor, which kinda sucks, but I'm still early in it
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, doesnt the game have a campaign mode?
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea, and co-op, but you can also start a pvp session and battle just with friends. You get special skill cards (powers) the more you play. And higher value cards, but you can only enable so many cards at a time.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    If you can find enough for it
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Toilet paper is considered the money, you collect and buy stuff with TP, kinda funny. Graphics are def better than the other games tho, I think they used Unity 5 engine.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Look if I zoom in enough I can see the herpes!!!
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    In fact I'm gonna go make a drink, roll a fatty n play some, good night to all!
    +2
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    I bet most people at the time still watched it in black and white
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Xdqwerty, Many of them did before colour television was common.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Likely because black and white TV was in-expensive.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It certainly wasn't inexpensive it cost the same as a new car back then
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    How much did a 1965 color TV cost?

For example, a 21-inch (diagonal) GE color television in 1965 had an advertised price of $499, which is equal to $4,724 in today's dollars, according to the federal government's inflation calculator.
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, take into consideration how economy was back then
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Yeah that's why they listed inflation rates
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Sorry didnt read that part
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    @LeoTCK don't worry i knew he was joking
    +1
    My first color TV was like 1984 or something lol
    19 inches it was glorious lol
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Psionic Roshambo, If it doesn't fit, you should've gotten one smaller lol
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @Psionic Roshambo, If it doesn't fit, you should've gotten one smaller lol