Would Posting Modpacks Of Already Released But Revised ROM Hacks Be Ok On Here?

Discussion in '3DS - ROM Hacking, Translations and Utilities' started by Merch, Mar 9, 2017.

1. Merch
    OP

Merch Tutorial God, Apparently.

Banned
    Feb 9, 2016
    United States
    Music Park, Mushroom Kingdom
    I don't wanna get on the wrong foot with someone because I ended up not following the rules of the forum (which I'm pretty sure a small majority actually read when signing up), or the fact that I'll run into trouble with posting someone's ROM Hack, but is modified, but I'd really like to know if this is ok with others as long as I'm following fair use policies (if that is the case). I also would like to know if this was ok to post in this section, because it doesn't necessarily fall under the Homebrew Category, so I was just curious.

2. Toady231

Toady231 Intellectual saviour of the masses

Feb 6, 2017
    United Kingdom
    East Northamptonshire
    As long as you credit the original creator of the rom hack and not claim it as yours you should be OK with posting it.

3. FAST6191

FAST6191 Techromancer

pip Reporter
    Nov 21, 2005
    If you want to get super... careful you can release a patch to the patch (the end user then having to apply two patches).

Some sites frown upon releasing mods of existing mods all in one, this is not really one of those. If you take steps to make sure the original patch author is not beset by bug reports as a result of your work then that is also welcome.

There are a fairly small number of sites that hacking happens on and we all try to get along (small world and all that) so play to that really.

4. Merch
    OP

Banned
    Feb 9, 2016
    United States
    That makes sense. Thanks for clearing that up for me.

5. PabloMK7

PabloMK7 Red Yoshi! ^ω^

Feb 21, 2014
    Spain
    Yoshi's Island
    If you are talking about CTGP-7 (which I guess you are) I have no problems if you copy the credits. :)

6. Merch
    OP

Banned
    Feb 9, 2016
    United States
    Ok.