Homebrew Would no-browser Ninjhax be feasible?

dark_samus3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
As far as I'm aware the same CIA files are used on both the old 3ds and 2ds. Everytime I go to download an update/downgrade pack, the 2ds and 3ds are the same pack. I could be wrong and someone can correct me if so. But I'm fairly certain old 3ds and 2ds share the same update files. Unless they accidentally installed a CIA that isn't usually in an update, I'm going to claim it false. But again, I could be wrong so feel free to let me know if I am.
nah, 2ds defaulted with 6.x FW, so anything below that expects a 3d slider, as little as having 4.x MSET installed will brick on factory reset

Swiftloke

Hwaaaa!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's perfectly legit, you have to factory reset from recovery mode or something, then you can run games with a keycombo (I'm leaving out details, but I assure you it IS possible) however, the home menu, and by extension, it's applets (browser, etc.) aren't running, which limits the permissions we have. Simply put, it IS possible to recover from this state, but it's not as easy, as we have less to work with here... Depending on the system version, though, it might not be too hard (the RSAVerify vuln, for example, is rather simple, can be done from any system 4.x or less and doesn't need a lot of code or permissions to exploit)

All that said, ninjhax 1.x needs browser running, *hax 2.x needs home menu running (which is the replacement for the browser requirement, essentially)
Oh! So we ROP under the home menu instead of the browser! It all makes sense now, that's why we can't use ninjhax 2 under 9.0- the home menu didn't have access to the SD card for themes! Thanks m8 for clearing that up ;)

dark_samus3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh! So we ROP under the home menu instead of the browser! It all makes sense now, that's why we can't use ninjhax 2 under 9.0- the home menu didn't have access to the SD card for themes! Thanks m8 for clearing that up ;)
I think, actually, (though don't quote me) even 1.0 HM had access to SD card

3xkrazy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Not sure what your goal is, but I assume it's to launch ninjhax 2.x n3ds 8.1J without browser access, using Cubic Ninja (JPN) with a modified payload that works with homemenu instead. How is progress going, and do you have a savedatafiler save you're willing to share?

What I'm trying to do is use my 8.1J firmware as a base for a9lh, and ditch my 9.2J frankenfirm.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/yjrjY6PCb7o?si=xnFz0B2o_adIgLTV +1