Question Would love some advise/help with setting up emuNAND & cleaning sysNAND

Discussion in 'Switch - Exploits, Custom Firmwares & Soft Mods' started by Dustii, Sep 30, 2018.

1. Dustii
    OP

Dustii Member

Newcomer
    Nov 8, 2016
    Netherlands
    Hi there!

I kinda want to 'clean' my switch up and I figured emuNAND could help me with that.

Atm my switch is running 5.1 without emuNAND set up, I understand how this implementation of emuNAND works and I'm fine with it not being on the SD card.

However I do have a question on how to do it 'correctly'.

Since I am running 5.1 atm I won't be able to restore my clean pre- any hacky related stuff nand since it's on 4.1 and I updated to 5.1.

As of this moment (last time I checked) I haven't been banned yet, so I am thinking of the following.

1. I backup my saves with checkpoint.

2. I format/factory reset the switch so it (hopefully?) Gets rid of all the hack related stuff.

3. I create a new clean NAND backup

4. I set up emuNAND and update it to 6.0 and leaving the regular NAND on 5.1 for now.

Would this work? Am I missing something? Any tips on how to proceed with this would be helpful ! :)

2. Ashura66

Ashura66 GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Feb 1, 2016
    Portugal
    Under my bed
    Seeing as you're on 5.1 OFW, Emunand would be completely useless to you as right now, there aren't any games that requite OFW 6.0 to work

3. Kubas_inko

Kubas_inko "Something funny goes here."

Feb 3, 2017
    Czech Republic
    I gues on earth.
    If you don't have a NAND backup, this is probably the safest thing you can do. Except for the part about updating "EmuNAND", because going online with xecuter's "emunand" will get you banned.
    At least wait for some games to actually require 6.0.0.

4. Dustii
    OP

Dustii Member

Newcomer
    Nov 8, 2016
    Netherlands
    Hey cheers for the reply ! :)

I know that, still I would prefer to set it up before games need it so I won't have tk go through the hassle then :D

Apart from the ''useless' aspect of this atm, do you have anything to add on thr steps I put up?

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

I can see your point with going online with emuNAND thanks ! If the rest of the steps are good then I'll go ahead and give it a go :D

5. Draxzelex

Draxzelex GBAtemp Guru

Aug 6, 2017
    United States
    New York City
    Well unless you made a clean NAND backup before doing any sort of hacking, you cannot make a clean EmuNAND. A factory reset won't clear your Switch of everything such as error logs and to top it off, clearing those error logs can actually flag you for a ban. I'm sorry but I don't think EmuNAND is going to help you much from this point onwards.

6. Dustii
    OP

Dustii Member

Newcomer
    Nov 8, 2016
    Netherlands
    Awww that sucks. But thanks for letting me know !

7. Meepers55

Meepers55 Flintstones Regular

Aug 7, 2018
    United States
    EmuNAND is primarily for development purposes. Unless you're testing something that could potentially brick your console, I wouldn't recommend using it.

Last edited by Meepers55, Sep 30, 2018
  8. Tinchotin

Tinchotin Member

Newcomer
    Jun 15, 2018
    Argentina
    How do fuses work when you have emunand and sysnand? What happens with fuses when you update one, and not the other?