Would like to get a hard mod for my New 3DS XL, can anybody help?

Discussion in '3DS - Homebrew Development and Emulators' started by Thedakoopa64, Jun 23, 2016.

1. Thedakoopa64
    OP

Thedakoopa64 Newbie

Newcomer
    Jun 15, 2016
    United States
    so to make a long story short, i upgraded my SysNand when it looked like i was updating my EmuNand, and now i need to hard mod my N3DSXL to get back to 9.2. But i don't know who to ask, any suggestions on who to ask for a hard mod? thanks!

2. Xenon Hacks

Xenon Hacks GBAtemp Guru

Nov 13, 2014
    United States
  3. invaderyoyo

invaderyoyo invader

Mar 17, 2014
    United States
    Southern California
    Both n3dsxl and o3dsxl hardmods are fairly easy. If you don't mind practicing soldering for a bit, I recommend you just do it yourself. If all you want is a downgrade, you can do a temporary hardmod. In that case you wouldn't have to make holes and make it look pretty, which I think is the hardest part.

The tools cost about as much as the hard mod and you'll learn a new skill. You only have to solder four wires.

Thedakoopa64 likes this.
  4. Tiibz

Tiibz GBAtemp Regular

Aug 22, 2014
    France
    Yeah but this is some pretty tiny points so if you've never soldered before you can easily fry your console, be very careful if you try it yourself

5. Thedakoopa64
    OP

Thedakoopa64 Newbie

Newcomer
    Jun 15, 2016
    United States
    I would try to do it, it's just I don't have the time, and I REALLY don't want to fry my system, so I'm just gonna let a professional do it! But maybe if it happens again one day and I have the time, then I would do it. Anyways have a good one!

vb_encryption_vb likes this.
  6. vb_encryption_vb

vb_encryption_vb That hardmod guy....

Nov 21, 2015
    United States
    Acworth, GA
    We have made contact, thanks @Xenon Hacks for the support!