Hacking Would it hurt to install WII Mii channel on the vWii?

Kickbub

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hong Kong
I want to release my Miis on my remote, but my Wii is bricked.

Would installing old Wii Mii channel on the vWii work?

csmcapthy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Well uninstalling a vWii WAD file to install a Wii WAD probably won't end well. vWii & Wii WADs are different and incompatible with each other. Is your Wii banner bricked? That's easily fixed. If not, a Wii is very cheap these days. You should buy a replacement. If better to do that then brick the Wii U's Wii menu

Deleted member 530885

Trophies
XP
I know this is quite late but just to save anyone's time who is also looking to get the non-crippled/original version of the Mii Channel on their vWii, I can confirm that the regular Wii Channel does work fine in my practices (apart from the WiiConnect24 Parts). I would still always recommend a NAND Backup before installing/removing any WAD's from any Wii (I am not responsible if you end up bricking your vWii)

I made a backup of the vWii Mii Channel using 'Yet Another BlueDump MOD' and simply removed the original Mii Channel using 'AnyTitleDeleter'. Then I downloaded the latest version of the Mii Channel WAD using NUS and installed it to the vWii using 'WiiModLite' as I could not get MMM to work.

All of my Mii's stayed after install of the original Mii Channel but I was required to go through the tutorial on making my "first mii" which I just deleted after.

Now I can copy Miis to my remote easily! :D

Last edited by Deleted member 530885,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: They really wanna get the head