Hacking Would it be theorieticly possible to use a 3ds NFC reader with a wii u?

Pokemon9007

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm asking due to a mistake I made while cleaning the inside of my Wii u gamepad. I accidentally disconnected the wire that connects the NFC reader and the main board, and now I cannot use amiibos and other things. Would it be possible to use something such as the 3ds NFC reader/writer for my Wii u?

Ryccardo

Penguin accelerator
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
In theory as you said, yes (if the gamepad's infrared port is bidirectional - else one can be simulated thanks to having a sensor bar around the camera!)

But someone would have to write drivers, and not just any driver, but something that would be 100% compatible with existing games expecting the internal NFC.

Not only I bet there are maybe 2 persons in the world that would benefit from this, but consider nobody made a driver to use the o3ds nfc adapter on a computer (which would be considerably easier than this)...

...and of course the antenna can be soldered back, you know

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
I'm asking due to a mistake I made while cleaning the inside of my Wii u gamepad. I accidentally disconnected the wire that connects the NFC reader and the main board, and now I cannot use amiibos and other things. Would it be possible to use something such as the 3ds NFC reader/writer for my Wii u?
Why don't you open the gamepad up and reconnect the wire? If you did it once you can do it again.

Pokemon9007

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Why don't you open the gamepad up and reconnect the wire? If you did it once you can do it again.
1803eb3054629f44ce2b6cc94005c7e0.jpg
Because it's like this

Sent from my XT1064 using Tapatalk

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I'm in my birthday suit! Lol