Would it be safe to install eShop exclusives on sysNAND if you obtain a legitimate ticket?

Discussion in 'Wii U - Hacking & Backup Loaders' started by Irastris, Nov 6, 2016.

1. Irastris
    OP

Irastris Just another fag with a suggestive avatar

May 3, 2015
    United States
    From my understanding, the Brazilian method works because the disc ticket matches the eShop ticket, allowing you to install NUS content using it. I've also read that you can't install eShop exclusives because you wouldn't have a valid ticket in that case.

But what if you were to obtain a legitimate ticket from that database or that iso site?
    Would it be safe then, or would it brick the console?
    Would the Wii U be able to detect that the ticket came from another console and remove the content?

I have redNAND, so I can always just install exclusives on there, but I'm just curious what would happen.

Last edited by Irastris, Nov 6, 2016
  2. Sumea

Sumea Disco Ninja Frog

Aug 16, 2008
    Finland
    Turku
    the disc ticket does not exactly match, but the content on both is identical and the content ID etc. match. I do not know for sure, but the Disc ticket is still modified a little (one value is XOR'd by 2, and other value is swapped from, probably indicating "DISC GAME" to "eSHOP GAME")

eShop game tickets are currently problem, much like DLC and other such content because all the tickets are made console specific, and we currently do not know how to make them universal like disc tickets need to be.

3. Irastris
    OP

Irastris Just another fag with a suggestive avatar

May 3, 2015
    United States
    Ah, I see. Thank you for the quick response!

4. xtheman

xtheman GBAtemp Guru

Jan 28, 2016
    United States
    Wrong. The software that rips tickets from wuds wasn't ripping tickets correctly. Dumping a ticket from nand with wupserver gives you the proper ticket that doesn't need a fix

5. Sumea

Sumea Disco Ninja Frog

Aug 16, 2008
    Finland
    Turku
    Okay then. Weird nobody made this clear thus far. I thought it was the case because, why wouldn't eShop and the Disc have different kinds of indicators or whatever

6. xtheman

xtheman GBAtemp Guru

Jan 28, 2016
    United States
    The OP of the usb loading thread made it clear tiks from nand were fixed