Would it be possible to replace the miiverse icon with the homebrew launcher?

Discussion in 'Wii U - Homebrew' started by lolman9999, Oct 21, 2019.

1. lolman9999
    OP

lolman9999 Member

Newcomer
    Jun 3, 2019
    United States
    Since miiverse is dead, would it be possible for haxchi to replace its menu spot?

2. EmulateLife

EmulateLife GBAtemp Psycho!

May 30, 2016
    United States
    No, Haxchi only works through a DS game not Miiverse.

If you don't want to see the icon anymore just make a folder and hide it in there.

3. TheChosen

TheChosen Member

Newcomer
    Oct 20, 2017
    Germany
    I would have said "No since the Miiverse was FREE. And you don´t aquire a valid licence if you start it."

While buying a DS-game gives you a VALID key from Nintendo. And this is needed in order to circumvent the heavy protection-mechanism.

So what they do is just delet the DS-game´s content and just overwrite it. Since the key/licence is valid, nobody finds out that there isn´t a DS-game stored in there but a homebrew-application. Quite clever.

4. EmulateLife

May 30, 2016
    United States
    If you want to add your own way of saying it that's fine but don't try to correct me when I gave completely valid information. No one cares what you "would have said"

n00bsaib0t and jeannotte like this.
  5. wolf-snake

wolf-snake GBAtemp Maniac

Feb 5, 2009
    Mexico
    Wow rude... and also you needed correction. You can't just simply hide the Miiverse icon on a folder.

6. EmulateLife

May 30, 2016
    United States
    I was thinking of Mii Maker but that wasn't even the part he corrected me on so business mind your own, don't care what you think.

Quick Reply
Draft saved Draft deleted