Homebrew Question Would it be possible to remove the "Nintendo Services are currently not available" popups?

SuperHans111

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
When I start up Worms WMD and games like it, I always get a popup saying "Nintendo Services are currently not available" because I am unable to connect to them.
Obviously this happens because Worms is trying to access the leaderboards, etc.
I am just wondering if it would be possible to disable these warnings from popping up?
I know no homebrew exists right now that does that kind of thing, I am merely asking if it would be possible.

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
When I start up Worms WMD and games like it, I always get a popup saying "Nintendo Services are currently not available" because I am unable to connect to them.
Obviously this happens because Worms is trying to access the leaderboards, etc.
I am just wondering if it would be possible to disable these warnings from popping up?
I know no homebrew exists right now that does that kind of thing, I am merely asking if it would be possible.
Try using Airplane Mode, 90DNS, Incognito, Stealth Mode, etc.

Reactions: jeffyTheHomebrewer

masagrator

The patches guy
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Then instead of this they will get popup about turning off Airplane mode or the same popup.

You can do this either by exefs patch (so each game needs to be patched separately and probably noone checked how to patch that) or by mitm applet call to not show this popup.

Last edited by masagrator,
Reactions: SuperHans111

LightBeam

Trophies
XP
Country
France
The popup gets in because he can't connect to the services, because he is using 90DNS, Stealth mode or Incognito ...

It's especially annoying on ACA arcade games ports because when you launch the game, it freezes because it's trying to connect, so you have to wait a while before it actually pops up and then start the game. You can turn on airplane mode before pressing start then disable it but it's tedious. I would also be interested in how to remove those popups but I don't know how to do so.

Reactions: SuperHans111

SuperHans111

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Then instead of this they will get popup about turning off Airplane mode or the same popup.

You can do this either by exefs patch (so each game needs to be patched separately and probably noone checked how to patch that) or by mitm applet call to not show this popup.
Interesting. Thanks for the info. I know enough about programming to understand the concept but I probably wouldn't know how to create this kind of patch or mitm applet. lol

raging_chaos

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The popup gets in because he can't connect to the services, because he is using 90DNS, Stealth mode or Incognito ...

It's especially annoying on ACA arcade games ports because when you launch the game, it freezes because it's trying to connect, so you have to wait a while before it actually pops up and then start the game. You can turn on airplane mode before pressing start then disable it but it's tedious. I would also be interested in how to remove those popups but I don't know how to do so.

If you're using emunand and on a V1 Switch then I would use incognito to delete your serial. It will make the connection fail immediately. The most annoying part of the pop up is having to wait for it to fail. This will at least cut down on all the wait time and probably stop recurring pop ups from happening while playing.

Last edited by raging_chaos,

LightBeam

Trophies
XP
Country
France
If you're using emunand and on a V1 Switch then I would use incognito to delete your serial. It will make the connection fail immediately. The most annoying part of the pop up is having to wait for it to fail. This will at least cut down on all the wait time and probably stop recurring pop ups from happening while playing.
That's exactly what I'm talking about. It would be cool to have a way to just cut those popups, but I don't think we can (at the moment). I've played some Horizon Chase Turbo and it's even worse because it tries to connect multiple time even tho it already failed, so sometimes you get the popup everytime you press a button in the menus. For that, the best solution is to enable airplane mode but when you are docked, you can't, and you can't use FTP or stuff like that when you are in airplane mode.
Would be nice to have some way to auto enable airplane mode when you are playing specific games tho, I think it could be a nice way to « bypass » those annoying popups. I don't know if it's really feasible tho

mathew77

Lovin' life.
Trophies
XP
Country
Kazakhstan
to enable airplane mode but when you are docked, you can't,
Ehm, why you can't do that? You can easily turn WiFi (and it's Internet access) off and simultaneously use Bluetooth for pads in dock mode, too.

Would be nice to have some way to auto enable airplane mode when you are playing specific games tho, I think it could be a nice way to « bypass » those annoying popups.
Yeah that would be cool..

LightBeam

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Ehm, why you can't do that? You can easily turn WiFi (and it's Internet access) off and simultaneously use Bluetooth for pads in dock mode, too.

Yeah that would be cool..
When you press the home button long enough to have the menu, you can't enable Airplane from there, that's what I meant, but you can enable airplane mode in handheld and keep it when you dock the console and wireless controllers will still work. Of course you can disable wifi manually in the settings but it's not convenient at all. Also, I don't know if the error messages are the same if you are in airplane mode and if you just disabled Wifi, but afaik the popups about airplane are less annoying

Reactions: mathew77

MasterJ360

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I get this annoying error aswell in Monster Hunter Stories 2 with sxos. Since I'm in stealth mode the game is trying to connect to Nintendo services at every loading entry. Which ironically made me end up buying the game on steam. But i'd assume disabling wifi would stop the message.

raging_chaos

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That's exactly what I'm talking about. It would be cool to have a way to just cut those popups, but I don't think we can (at the moment).

You can't remove them. The only annoying part about those pop ups are the wait times involved with getting them to fail. You can only replace them with one that instantly fails and asks you to restart your console by erasing your console's serial number. Pressing A during a menu where you would be pressing A anyway isn't that bad and you don't even notice it if you are like me and repeatedly tap A to get through menus anyway.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: