Would it be possible to make a Skyward Sword hack that skips to cutscenes?

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by Yuki Amano, Nov 2, 2015.

1. Yuki Amano
    OP

Yuki Amano GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Mar 31, 2012
    United States
    My 3DS
    I'd like to be able to record the cutscenes from Skyward Sword with another hack on (specifically corruption hacks) at the same time, but I do not want to bother with actually playing the game. Is there any code that allows me to skip the game just see the cutscenes, as dumb as that sounds?

2. daxtsu

daxtsu GBAtemp Guru

Jun 9, 2007
    Antarctica
    If I remember correctly you have to be playing the game on Master mode (or whatever it's called, the hard mode that you unlock when you beat the game for the first time) to enable cutscene skipping. My memory is hazy but I think ZeldaSpeedRuns had premade saves a long time ago which had normal mode cutscene skipping as well. Their forums are down at the moment, though.

3. Baccabechoppin

Baccabechoppin GBAtemp's Finest Bacca!

Aug 10, 2015
    Australia
    Magnolia Town
    I think he wanted something to skip actual gameplay, not cutscenes. However to my knowledge such a thing doesn't exist

4. daxtsu

daxtsu GBAtemp Guru

Jun 9, 2007
    Antarctica
    Oh, whoops, I think you're right. Probably the best option for that would be a TAS, but a TAS would probably skip all of the cutscenes...maybe the TAS could somehow be paused between cutscenes?

5. Yuki Amano
    OP

Yuki Amano GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Mar 31, 2012
    United States
    My 3DS
    Yeah, this is what I wanted. If it doesn't exist, I guess I'll enable codes to make things go faster.