Hacking Would it be possible to generate streetpass hits?

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Is the current streetpass relay stuff not good enough for what you need?

As for straight up generation... I do not know actually. Were I to set it up I would probably use a basic level of security that makes it hard unless you have the firmware 4.5 hack levels of access. Nintendo have been repeatedly demonstrated to not do well at this network security thing though.

kiefer

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Is the current streetpass relay stuff not good enough for what you need?

As for straight up generation... I do not know actually. Were I to set it up I would probably use a basic level of security that makes it hard unless you have the firmware 4.5 hack levels of access. Nintendo have been repeatedly demonstrated to not do well at this network security thing though.

Sorry, I mean't for gateway users.

bartimeaus91

Stanza Blot Burls Rocks. Meaningless? Maybe not.
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@OP, I suppose it MIGHT be possible. You will have to have 4.x type of full system access, Smealum's SSSpwn ain't going to do jack for this particular area of hacking.

I'd imagine this is entirely doable, but the time frame for it is slightly under an eternity, its simply not a priority. Those new 3ds hackers are focused on other stuff at the moment. There just isn't enough 3ds hackers at the moment for any of them to focus on this rather "trivial" hack (since there is something called homepass at the moment).

Yes. In an ideal world, we would all be genius in every single field. We can code perfectly, we can read japanese to translate, we can have the imagination to mod games in a way never thought before. But we DO NOT live in an ideal world. Most off us have a very specific skill set, something that we can do well at and suck at other things.

Just recently Smea somehow broke his 3DS and he was unable to unbrick it and had to have someone else unbrick it for him. He's good at coding but no so good with the physical modding.

The rationale of releasing every single thing that has been discovered is to outsource the work to the people out there. If means of say a CFW/rom translation was released, there will be people dedicated to the specific areas and these specific sections will flourish because of a dedicated team doing each part instead of one person managing everything. There'll be a team working on adding features to CFW, there'll be a separate team working on translations for games, there'll be a team working on homebrew games etc etc.

This is how homebrew/modding scene of the 3DS can be accelerated. Different people working together with different parts all for the purpose of pushing the hardware and software limitations of the 3DS console. I myself only have rudimentary coding knowledge but I'm able to translate from Japanese/Chinese to English. I'm sure there are people out there too with specific talents that are not used for the 3DS scene because of the attitude that "you can learn everything yourself, not helping you, not releasing to you".

The 3DS hacking scene should be bristling with way more activity than it is now if people were to share. However, the sad thing is that nobody shares their work in its entirety hence everyone has to work from the groundwork individually instead of simply building up on what currently exists. There is a lot of wasted energy and potential. That's a sad fact of life that there will always be people wanting the world on a platter for the work they have done and simultaneously there will be people wanting something for nothing.

In the grand scheme of things, nothing much will happen because we're human beings. Selfish, deluded and self-entitled whether you're the giver or the taker.

My post should sum up the reasons why no one is going to work on a homebrew streetpass generator. The root of the problem currently is that there are people disabling ready/easy access to 4.x exploit. Sure, there are other hurdles in place but those are secondary hurdles.

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Anyone not seeing a glaring problem? Street passes in general contain extra information about the user I.e mii data, last played game etc, then when it comes to actually using them in games they need street pass enabled for that game too and then that info comes with it's own bunch of data which changes depending on which game it is for, I don't think that kinda stuff could just be randomly created by the 3ds which would likely mean you would need to have a copy of the info you want then force feed it to the 3ds.....whilst it might be possible, it's the kinda thing that happens once everything else has been done and people are just looking for things to do

bartimeaus91

Stanza Blot Burls Rocks. Meaningless? Maybe not.
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Anyone not seeing a glaring problem? Street passes in general contain extra information about the user I.e mii data, last played game etc, then when it comes to actually using them in games they need street pass enabled for that game too and then that info comes with it's own bunch of data which changes depending on which game it is for, I don't think that kinda stuff could just be randomly created by the 3ds which would likely mean you would need to have a copy of the info you want then force feed it to the 3ds.....whilst it might be possible, it's the kinda thing that happens once everything else has been done and people are just looking for things to do

Your last bit is kinda what I said. This is of a really low priority.

The thing is, to generate streepass hits, it doesn't really matter i guess. You can fix the last played game, fix the mii, you just need to randomize the 3ds user name. As for the game specific street pass data, you can fix that too, enable it for all known streetpass games. So in essence, all that needs to be randomized is the mii user name.

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Yeah but games would want the info for the pass to be valid.....I.e a link between worlds needs to know the players health and what items they picked for street pass......and that data varies from game to game, you could probably do a default template for each game, but still it seems a bit long winded when homepass etc exists

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Pass