Hardware would it be possible to convert a new 3ds xl into a non xl

tufhg

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
im really just fuckin around and curious but my microscopic hands hate the xl model would it be possible to put the xl guts into a non xl shell?

Last edited by tufhg,

lone_wolf323

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
im really just fuckin around and curious but my microsopic hands hate the xl model would it be possible to put the xl guts into a non xl shell?
probably not. the board is likely made for the extra space. not to mention its all calibrated for the bigger sized console. You would need to get a small console and transfer your stuff to it.

tufhg

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
probably not. the board is likely made for the extra space. not to mention its all calibrated for the bigger sized console. You would need to get a small console and transfer your stuff to it.
yeah i never really planned on doing this i just asked out of curiosity i have a smol 3ds but its not new you dont need to reply to this doe itll just waste your time but i would assume the os is diffrent and dont forget the screen is bigger
if someone else is reading this this is all just us screwing around but if your crazy free free to try it!
this aint a tutoiral doe dont sue me when you fry your console ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
maybe someone could create a homebrew for the os fuckery and compatability : )

Kwyjor

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
i have a smol 3ds but its not new
Nintendo doesn't let you use System Transfer to move from a New 3DS to an "old" model 3DS, if that's what you're asking. It's sort of possible to use unofficial tools to do a System Transfer, but it's not a simple process and I don't think it works very well.

In such a case it would probably be easier to call Nintendo and ask them to transfer the NNID (I think they'll do that), re-download all your purchases from the eShop, and then transfer the save data using Checkpoint or JKSM.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: good night