Would installing CIA Game Updates for Retail cart be recognized through regionthree?

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by Plasma Shadow, Jan 24, 2015.

1. Plasma Shadow
    OP

Plasma Shadow GBAtemp's Artificial Lifeform

May 15, 2009
    I have no fucking idea.
    If i were to install a game update as a cia, would that update be recognized by the retail cart if its ran through rregionthree?

If not, how would I get the retail cart to recognize it? (JPN cart on EU system, cant get access to JPNeShop[ for the update)

2. xdrako23x

xdrako23x Crash Bandicoot

Jan 21, 2015
    Canada
    You cant acces to other region game update, even if your using region three with other region games.

3. cearp

cearp the ticket master

May 26, 2008
    Tuvalu
    if you have to rely on something like regionthree, how can you install a cia?

4. Plasma Shadow
    OP

May 15, 2009
    I have no fucking idea.
    Fair point haha
    I read somewhere that game updates via cia arnt recognized through GW Classic Mode, and thats how I would run the JPN cart on my EUR 3DS so, going by thatl the game wouldnt recognize the update...would it?

I know that, hence why i was planning on installling the update via cia, but through GW Classic, the retail cart wouldnt recognize it...

5. cearp

cearp the ticket master

May 26, 2008
    Tuvalu
    if you install an update via cia, it will not be legit, so it won't work in classic mode, sorry

6. Plasma Shadow
    OP

May 15, 2009
    I have no fucking idea.
    So I would have to dump the rom on the cart, extract the save from the cart, and load the rom through GW?

7. cearp

cearp the ticket master

May 26, 2008
    Tuvalu
    yes, but if you can do stuff like that you probably wouldn't be using regionthree :)