Would Gamestop happen to sell used 9.2 3DS systems?

Discussion in '3DS - Console, Accessories and Hardware' started by RemixDeluxe, Nov 18, 2015.

1. RemixDeluxe
    OP

RemixDeluxe GBAtemp Psycho!

Nov 23, 2010
    United States
    I looked on their website and every single 3DS system said refurbished under it so does that mean they were all taken to Nintendo to get fixed up and updated? Should I just go on eBay instead or shop locally with craigslist?

2. nero99

nero99 GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Sep 18, 2014
    United States
    No. They are sent to gamestops repair shop in Texas. They do not update the systems. But in most cases, systems that are traded in will be above 9.2 because of accidental updates. Your best bet is to go on ebay and search for a 9.2 or lower console. I just got a new unopened majoras mask edition with fw 9.0 for $280 on there.

3. wormdood

wormdood pirate booty inspector

Jan 3, 2014
    United States
    behind a parental advisory sticker
    i just want to add that most gamestops will let you "ensure that the used console is not broken or/and that all buttons and touch screen is functional" if you ask.
    At witch time you simply take the time to look at system settings before you buy it
    then profit(?)
    Edit: that's in store that is

Last edited by wormdood, Nov 19, 2015
    Ammako likes this.
  4. samiam144

samiam144 RĂ©gulier

Aug 19, 2007
    Canada
    You may already know this, but if you don't mind paying the full cost, all brand new 2DS, 3DS & XL consoles come with 9.2 or less, except I think for those very recent bundles I've heard about but am too lazy to research right now xD

wormdood likes this.
  5. hksrb25s14

hksrb25s14 GBAtemp Regular

Oct 17, 2006
    United States
    Never buy at GameStop, once you buy that's it, no refund on open-box items.
    And they update most of their 3ds past 9.2 FW, they will say oh it's at low FW but won't let you see it.
    "hey you have to buy it, brought, opens.......... you bastards!!!!! FW 9.9 @#$@#!!! Brings back, Sorry there's nothing wrong with it."
    You are better off getting it at Walmart, I got my 3ds xl with 8.1 @ around $155 brand new.

Never buy gaming consoles at GameStop if your Planning on hacking it or exploit it, once you mess up it's your fault,
    And Walmart return policy, people got away with a rock in a ps4 box.