Would changing the Nativ_firm be able fix a N3DS bricked by downgrading with O3DS cia files?

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by A_Bricked_Guy, Feb 3, 2016.

1. A_Bricked_Guy
    OP

A_Bricked_Guy Member

Newcomer
    Feb 3, 2016
    I already know how stupid i was by not checking my cia files when downgrading, no need to remind me.

But with the recent downgrade from 10.4-10.5 which changes the native_firm with hardmod, would injecting a N3DS Native_firm to my corrupted nand be enough to fix it? Or won't boot anyways? If doesn't... does my console stand any chance in any future to work again? Also the o3ds cia files installed succesfully, but obviously won't boot with them...

2. Azure_Kytia

Azure_Kytia Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Sep 9, 2015
    Australia
    Tasmania
    EDIT: I'm sorry to have to say this, but I don't think it's possible after all. The Native_Firm filesizes are vastly different between the o3DS and n3DS Native_Firms. As such, we can't generate a valid Xorpad between the two, as the o3DS Native_Firm isn't long enough to generate an n3DS valid Xorpad.

I am truly sorry for getting your hopes up.

Warning: Spoilers inside!

Last edited by Azure_Kytia, Feb 3, 2016
    A_Bricked_Guy and Ryccardo like this.
  3. A_Bricked_Guy
    OP

A_Bricked_Guy Member

Newcomer
    Feb 3, 2016
    Oh, i didn't see your edit before... I was about to hardmod and just came back to see this thread... Well, thanks for your help dude, do you think there will ever be a flaw that allow it to work again? Is it any worth to keep the console? :unsure:

Last edited by A_Bricked_Guy, Feb 22, 2016
  4. Ronhero

Ronhero Too Weird to Live, Too Rare to Die

Jun 28, 2014
    United States
    Arizona Bay
    Even with a hard mod you are f'ed without a nand backup.

Best bet is to shell swap with a good one

MelonGx likes this.
  5. MelonGx

MelonGx GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Jan 8, 2009
    China
    I can't imagine how come a hardmodded 3DS hasn't had a backup.

6. Ronhero

Jun 28, 2014
    United States
    Arizona Bay
    Too many bong hits over here... Haha misread the post.

Yeah op to get 10.4+ to dg you need a nand.bin do you you have the nand.bin from that?

Last edited by Ronhero, Feb 22, 2016
  7. cid xiv
    This message by cid xiv has been removed from public view by BORTZ, Feb 22, 2016, Reason: not really helping things.
    Feb 22, 2016
  8. A_Bricked_Guy
    OP

A_Bricked_Guy Member

Newcomer
    Feb 3, 2016
    It's not hardmodded, i wanted to know if it could repair it before spending in one

9. Ronhero

Jun 28, 2014
    United States
    Arizona Bay
    Sorry I keep misreading the post. Yea at this point you NEED a nand backup for restore, if that has not been achieved then you're totally SOL. The best thing you can do is a shell swap with a new board or sell it for parts and buy a new one