Would be possible a mod to increase the object limit and levels height in Mario Maker?

Discussion in '3DS - Homebrew Development and Emulators' started by Bros.Life, Dec 7, 2016.

1. Bros.Life
    OP

Bros.Life GBAtemp Regular

Apr 12, 2015
    United States
    Hi Guys.

I don't know how extacly this work, but I wonder if there's a way to hack the height limit to make taller levels. And also, the number of blocks/objects per levels. I was pretty happy making my levels and suddenly I wasn't able to place Blocks, Brick Blocks or Ice Blocks. This is pretty boring.

Thanks.

2. xtheman

xtheman GBAtemp Guru

Jan 28, 2016
    United States
    The limit exists for a reason. The game would start running like crap with more objects on screen. (It already runs pretty crappy). Not saying it isn't possible but isn't a great idea.

3. Mikemk

Mikemk GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Mar 26, 2015
    United States
    It would probably be easy, actually, assuming the limit isn't something like 256 height or 1024 max items. (2^x numbers)

4. Bros.Life
    OP

Apr 12, 2015
    United States
    I don't think the game runs pretty crap. I mean, I haven't noticed any lag on perfomance so far. However, I'm playing in the NEW3DS. Maybe in the OLD the things are different.

But, what I really would like is to increase the height. It's too short.

5. rileysrjay

rileysrjay GBAtemp's official vinsclone speedster!

Apr 2, 2016
    United States
    Central City
    I'm sure someone would be able to do so, but it might only work on N3ds since it sounds like the o3ds version is running like crap on some levels.

6. Bros.Life
    OP

Apr 12, 2015
    United States
    I didn't know about the low perfomance in o3ds.

By the way, I'm gonna wait and see if someone does this. At least I know is possible now.

7. Svaethier

Svaethier GBAtemp Maniac

Dec 2, 2013
    United States
    Sault Ste. Marie, Michigan
    Wouldn't work I think if you share levels with people as I believe you would need to mod your game or have ntr active with an active code to make this change. For people without the ability to use ntr with SMM these types of levels wouldnt work.

8. rileysrjay

rileysrjay GBAtemp's official vinsclone speedster!

Apr 2, 2016
    United States
    Central City
    From what I've heard it varies form different themes, with NSMBwiiu being the main culprit of lag. I haven't personally tested it since I only have a n3ds. I saw one person on the temp earlier say that an easy way to see the lag on o3ds was to stack three Bowser's in NSMBwiiu.

9. Giodude

Giodude Ruler of Italy

GBAtemp Patron
    Giodude is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    May 17, 2015
    United States
    New York
    Object limits i can see, but level limit is most likely impossible, consodering the save format is only meant to record up until a certain height.

10. Bros.Life
    OP

Apr 12, 2015
    United States
    Yeah, I'm aware about that. Probably the levels wouldn't work for other people, unless they also have the mod.

Hum. It makes sense. I didn't think this.