ROM Hack Would a Tomodachi Life same sex marriage hack be possible?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nicky P

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I know it's probably been asked multiples times before, and everyone always has the same answer. "Oh, just make a female mii that looks like a boy and give them a male sounding voice or vice versa", but it's just not the same thing. The pronoun usage is a problem that comes with this, and while a minor issue for some, for others who prefer specific pronouns and don't like others, then this workaround isn't that great. I've tried same sex marriage through the Tomodachi Life save editor, but if you move over to a gay or lesbian couple's house, it crashes the game. I know that at one point, Tomodachi Collection: New Life had the ability to have same sex couples, but Nintendo patched it out. Would there be a way to fetch this bug and use it in some sort of LGBTQ+ Rom Hack of the game?

Reactions: Mama Looigi and IC_

lone_wolf323

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I know it's probably been asked multiples times before, and everyone always has the same answer. "Oh, just make a female mii that looks like a boy and give them a male sounding voice or vice versa", but it's just not the same thing. The pronoun usage is a problem that comes with this, and while a minor issue for some, for others who prefer specific pronouns and don't like others, then this workaround isn't that great. I've tried same sex marriage through the Tomodachi Life save editor, but if you move over to a gay or lesbian couple's house, it crashes the game. I know that at one point, Tomodachi Collection: New Life had the ability to have same sex couples, but Nintendo patched it out. Would there be a way to fetch this bug and use it in some sort of LGBTQ+ Rom Hack of the game?
There is just the save editor that I know of https://gbatemp.net/threads/wip-tomodachi-life-save-editor.399006/ which may be of use to what you are wanting.

Reactions: Mama Looigi
D

Deleted User

There is just the save editor that I know of https://gbatemp.net/threads/wip-tomodachi-life-save-editor.399006/ which may be of use to what you are wanting.

I've tried same sex marriage through the Tomodachi Life save editor, but if you move over to a gay or lesbian couple's house, it crashes the game
Answering your question, yes, there was a bug a long time ago, but I don't remember how it was. Sadly, I don't think anybody is going to work on a rom hack for that

AWESOMEGAMER

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The best you are going to get is changing the Mii. The game is made that way, change hair , eyes, , and clothes. The game crashes because this feature is enabled.
Sorry thats the best its going to get.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Gonna love it when the next update blocks them