Gaming Would a GT....

rozzan143

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Would a 3D GTA work on DS if it had the graphics of crash titas or metroid, could rockstar make it or will the DS not handle the graphics??

Chotaz

I'm back! :D
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
the gra+hics arent a problem, since would have to lower anyway to make it to DS, but i dont think rockstar will 'waste' money on it, jst my opinion

rozzan143

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
they would earn much money
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

Law

rip ninjacat that zarcon made me
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
they would earn much money
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

Not really, seeing as most people would probably do exactly what the title says, theft.

Anyway, iirc they made a GBA one, so maybe they will make a DS one, but I doubt it seeing as the DS is mainly aimed at children, and not adults.

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If it ever happened it'll probably be overhead like the first two, 3D can be done but it depends on whether Rockstar wanna do it or not.

Its also a question of development costs and profit, sure it could also be slimmed down and ported to the mobile platform to increase profits as well. Another thing is that for some reason publishers don't seem to want to spend time on a M game for the DS, unless its a port or cheap to produce.

RE:DS has done about 70,000 worldwide since that was release a couple of years go. Capcom never bothered doing any others as it was a big title by a big publisher that didn't sell too well but then it was 8 year old game that we've all played to death, and it was at a time that the DS was still considered to be a gimmicky handheld that people would be tired of and sales would go down.

It could change as so far Dementium: The Ward has sold 50,000 copies in the US alone in three weeks, which is pretty good for a new IP from a new publisher at a time where even more people have flashcarts.

CockroachMan

Scribbling around GBATemp's kitchen.
Trophies
Website
www.homembarata.com.br
XP
Country
Brazil
Carmack said on an interview that they're thinking about releasing some M-rated games for the DS but they're afraid that there's no market for that.. so, they're seeing how the sales will go for the M-rated titles out there to decide that..

I don't think the market is small, since lot's of "mature people" use have a DS and like these kind of games.. and obviously, kids like M-rated games! And most people sell it to them! I loved games like Doom, Wolfenstein and Mortal Kombat when I was 8!

I don't think we will see a GTA game for the DS, a 3D version would be too different (I don't think the DS can handle a map that big, with so much diversity of people, cars, etc) and it would end up disappointing most GTA fans.. and I don't think anyone would be interested in a new 2D version.. specially when the PSP has 2 GTA games that are almost identical to the PS2/Xbox/PC versions.

P

pasc

Take 2 said that they and Rockstargames are already preparing something for 2008... but still, I think they won't bring out anything until GTA IV is not finished.

.TakaM

.II
Trophies
Website
takam.wordpress.com
XP
Country
New Zealand
I wouldn't be surprised by a GTADS game, GBA got one, even GBC got one.

Remember the old tech demos for GBA, I think it was called the blue roses engine or something, they made a really good looking 3D third person GTA clone, not to mention resident efil, MGS etc.
Or it would be cool if payback got ported to DS, then it would have a nice smooth framerate, which is all it really needed

Truliche

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Ecuador
You guys are forgetting the paltry amount of built-in memory the DS has... 3D GTA is not technically possible on the DS, at least not in the spirit of the PS2/Xbox/PSP games.

Even if Rockstar wanted to bring it, it would face a great deal of hurdles along the way trying to make a decent 3D GTA on the DS.

rozzan143

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
but if was one city instead of three could it work maybe the file would be 256mb and if it had Metroid graphics it would be the greatest game ever and almost every psp owners would go over to DS

kaputnik

Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
You guys are forgetting the paltry amount of built-in memory the DS has... 3D GTA is not technically possible on the DS, at least not in the spirit of the PS2/Xbox/PSP games.

Even if Rockstar wanted to bring it, it would face a great deal of hurdles along the way trying to make a decent 3D GTA on the DS.

On the other hand, it's way easier to stream data on demand from ROM:s than CD:s/DVD:s without hiccups. My guess is that you wouldn't have to use the ram memory as a buffer in the same way to get smooth gameplay.

J

Jackreyes

This would be awesome.
Did anyone see the Streets of Mayhem homebrew project?
It looked quite cool but then the guy stopped.

myuusmeow

Trophies
Website
google.com
XP
Country
United States
Anyone play Driv3r for the GBA? That could easily be done on the DS without the swimming textures, longer view distances, maybe even models for cars.

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Anyone play Driv3r for the GBA? That could easily be done on the DS without the swimming textures, longer view distances, maybe even models for cars.
That looked like crap and played like crap though. Driver 2 PSX also did kinda the same thing and wasn't too bad but 3D like that just looks horrid nowadays.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: Que dices?