Homebrew Would a flash drive work to unbrick a wii?

do i need to use a flash drive or sd card

• flash drive

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • sd card

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

gostforest

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I cant post anything in the wii ask thread, so i will go ahead and post my question here. i managed to brick my wii and would like to know if its possible to unbrick my wii with a flashdrive. i managed to install a bunch of stuff onto my wii like priiloader yet somehow i managed to brick it still. i installed a new wii system version thing i think and thought that prii loader would fix it, but now it was bricked (i think) i noticed that the disk eject still worked if that means anything

tech3475

Trophies
XP
Country
Did you have bootmii as boot 2 installed? Do you have a bootmii backup of any kind? Can you boot into recovery mode? Do you have a drive chip? What system menu?

gostforest

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
F
How did you brick it? What were you doing?
I was trying to get custom menu themes but i got system menu 4.3 installed. i them attempted to install mymenuify and then it black screened
i tried again but then the wii black screened
i was following instructions on how to get a backup nand but i got side tracked

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Did you have bootmii as boot 2 installed? Do you have a bootmii backup of any kind? Can you boot into recovery mode? Do you have a drive chip? What system menu?
i was getting 4.3 and i am just using a flash drive. im not sure if my controller is working to boot into recovery mode. i got sidetrack but i think theres a possibility i could have bootmii installed as boot 2.

tech3475

Trophies
XP
Country
F

I was trying to get custom menu themes but i got system menu 4.3 installed. i them attempted to install mymenuify and then it black screened
i tried again but then the wii black screened
i was following instructions on how to get a backup nand but i got side tracked

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

i was getting 4.3 and i am just using a flash drive. im not sure if my controller is working to boot into recovery mode. i got sidetrack but i think theres a possibility i could have bootmii installed as boot 2.

I would try to boot bootmii as boot2, but AFAIK it requires an SD card.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Push it :creep: