Homebrew Would 3D Movies be a possibility?

bkifft

avowed Cuthwaldian
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
If only we had 3ds media player that could playback 3D media content via DLNA or samba. Forget using on board fat32 storage, most 3d movies exceed fat32 capabilities anyways.

Anyways, once we have that, just set this up for $40.00 TP-Link MR3020;
https://piratebox.cc/openwrt:diy
and then you have the worlds first true portable 3d movie player. Piratebox is so bloody easy to set up.

Fat32 can use a split file scheme, should work well enough for stream containers. Also encoding a video in two times 400x240 results in tiny files.

And I'd really like a stand alone, truly mobile solution, as nothing beats beating off to 3D POV smut out in the wilds.

democracy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Fat32 can use a split file scheme, should work well enough for stream containers. Also encoding a video in two times 400x240 results in tiny files.

And I'd really like a stand alone, truly mobile solution, as nothing beats beating off to 3D POV smut out in the wilds.
I hear ya but in reality converting video files like this for this platform will always result in audio sync issues. Also by streaming it, that router can do some of the load for processing.

hobbledehoy899

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
I don't know. Here in Canada, I can do what I want with the data I buy. Except accepting money in exchange for a copy or sharing it. So, I could take my Avatar 3D bluray on just do that. Or convert freely distributed 3D movies.

Pip'
Okay, given that I don't understand Canadian law very well I could be incorrect, but in the context of the Avatar 3D Blu-Ray that would be converted to play on the 3DS I think that that would still be considered creating a pirated copy of the film.

Pippin666

SSF43DE Master
Trophies
Website
www.tetesrasees.com
XP
Country
Canada
Okay, given that I don't understand Canadian law very well I could be incorrect, but in the context of the Avatar 3D Blu-Ray that would be converted to play on the 3DS I think that that would still be considered creating a pirated copy of the film.
It is true that corporate rules versus laws can sometime can be misleading.

Pip'

Xenosaiga

Time to switch it up
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Only a little. That plays 2D videos.
The question was would it be possible. Yes it could be possible.

The question was, could it be compiled as a CIA and played from home menu. They can indeed be made into CIA and played from main menu with that tool.

So my answer fulfills ALL parts of the question. 3D would indeed be 'possible' at some point with this program that builds CIA video that plays right from home screen. Thank you very much for pulling me back into the conversation so that I can further respond to the question and prove someone wrong at the same time.

CHEERS!

Reactions: RocketRobz

democracy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wasn't there a way to convert 3D movies into 10 minutes parts and then be watchable from the 3DS photo/video viewer or somethin' ?

Pip'
There was but it had all the problems that I listed above I.e audio sync way off, etc. That's why I think Sam's or dlna is a better solution

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Ughh the C64 version looks almost as bad lol