GCN Worthwhile Gamecube Games?

• Thread starter Deleted User
  • Start date
  • Views 3,303
  • Replies 18
D

Deleted User

OP
I was trying to decide which Gamecube games are worth purchasing / acquiring to play on my new modded Wii. I decided to start with the top 60 on gamerankings.com (minimum 10 reviews, sorted by top site scores). I've also tried to remove all the games with "evolutionary" releases... there's not much of a reason to own Madden 2002, 2003, and 2004 if 2007 is going to be released soon for the Wii. I would think the same applies for *most* fighting, racing, and puzzle games... Why play Tony Hawk 1 when you can play Tony Hawk 4?

On the other hand, Zelda OoT is very different than Zelda Wind Waker. Both can be in a collection and enjoyed simultaneously. In other words... which games do you think will "stand the test of time"? Would you add / remove anything from the list below?

1. Metroid Prime
2. Resident Evil 4 - Coming Soon to Wii
4. Zelda Wind Waker
5. Zelda Collector's Edition
8. Metroid Prime 2
9. Viewtiful Joe
10. Prince of Persia: Sands of Time
12. Super Mario Sunshine
17. Resident Evil 1
18. Eternal Darkness
24. Rogue Squadron 2
26. Timesplitters 2
29. F-Zero GX
30. Pikmin 2
35. Beyond Good and Evil
38. Paper Mario: Thousand Year Door
44. Mario Kart Double Dash
46. Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell
47. Animal Crossing
48. Pikmin
53. Tales of Symphonia
54. Fire Emblem Path of Radiance
56. Metal Gear Solid The Twin Snakes
57. Skies of Arcadia Legends
58. Viewtiful Joe 2
59. Time Splitters Future Perfect
60. Prince of Persia: The Two Thrones

78. Resident Evil 0
113. James Bond 007: NightFire
149. Baldur's Gate: Dark Alliance
160. Donkey Konga
165. Killer7
175. Super Mario Strikers
184. Jedi Knight 2
195. Naruto: Clash of Ninja 2

--Updated to Post #7--

Dazimus

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Good thread, I'd be interested in replies too
smile.gif

mustnap

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Good thread, I'd be interested in replies too
smile.gif

i would like to add Naruto fighting series (the japanese version) (i think tons of people watch that anime) and that fighting series is one of the best fighting games that i've played.

and i bought a gamecube + 4 controllers just because i wanna play that game with my friends so bad (my Wii could not play it.. sigh)

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Personally I like tony hawks 1, it has good music. Everything after 3 went downhill in my opinion.

Skies of arcadia I suggest getting for the dreamcast and prince of persia titles and splinter cell for the xbox (unless you want the added GBA bonus for splinter cell and multiplayer is also available).

Eternal darkness is a must as is all the resident evil games (4, remake of 1 and 0 especially).

My cube games are elsewhere right now and a few of those are NTSC games I have not played but I enjoyed baiten chaos, Baldur's Gate: Dark Alliance (the sequel is better though), Lost Kingdoms, Killer7, James Bond 007: NightFire (multiplayer mainly although it must be said there are far better FPS games available on other systems), Jedi Knight 2 and Some might say freedom fighters but personally I can not stand it.

Final Fantasy: Crystal Chronicles is also worth it should it be cheap and you have a few GBAs spare, there are DS and Wii versions coming up that seem to promise more.

There are a few (mainly pre mod chip) threads similar to this as well.

Darkforce

DERP!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Mario Golf and Tennis are definately worth getting - 2 awesome games, both developed by Camelot (of Golden Sun fame!). Mario Tennis is one of the Cubes top multiplayer games!

Like lagman suggests the Donkey Konga series might be worth a look at if you're into music games.

Star Wars: Rebel Strike (the follow up to Rogue Squadron 2) is a great game and I'm not even a Star Wars fan.

Zelda 4 Swords is worth checking out too... it's meant to really be a multiplayer game but it's still fun in single player.

If you do have a few friends and a GBA knocking around PacMan Vs. is a good laugh as well.

Some people also loved Chibi Robo though I wasn't a fan of it personally.

EDIT - Moved Topic
smile.gif

D

Deleted User

OP
Personally I like tony hawks 1, it has good music. Everything after 3 went downhill in my opinion.
There are a few (mainly pre mod chip) threads similar to this as well.

Thanks for the suggestions! Although, think I'll stick with just the Wii for now... wish I could buy all the other systems for those games.

Yeah, this thread probably isn't entirely relevant to "Wii - Hacking", but this is the most traveled Wii forum. I guess I could put something in the title about how this is for use with the GCOS Multiboot to draw that tenuous link.
smile.gif

D

Deleted User

OP
What about Soul Caliber 2 and The Legend of Spyro?

Soul Calibur II is #6 on the gamerankings.com list. That's really high, but I wasn't sure if we'd be seeing a new version on the Wii in the near future. What do you think?

I'm really just trying to find the stuff that I'll want to play 1-2 years down the road. I find that I too often end up buying / acquiring games that are almost instantly outdated.

thomaspajamas

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Yeah deffinitely add Mario Tennis that game rocks. I'm personally holding out on RE4 for the Wii version.

Timesplitters 2 is pretty fun. I actually went out and bought that one from EB when I first got my Wii. Before I picked it up though I asked the guy if they had Future Perfect for GC and he was like "no, gamecube wasn't as powerful as the PS2 so it never came out for that system".
mad.gif

hanman

I'm a pretty lucky guy
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
if you don't have I-Ninja on any other system (it was ported to all of them, i think) then get it. hours and hours of mindless slaughter! think jak and daxter, but with a ninja instead!

adgloride

Its A Wii Wario
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Loads of games you can now get for the gamecube really cheap. Resident evil 4, expect to pay a good price for that one.

Resident Evil was about £5 last time I looked

The tony hawks ones are also cheap. The series died after the undergrounds were made. If I wanted to ride a BMX I would have bought Matt Hoffmans.

Some of the resident evils are hard to get hold of second hand. I had trouble getting resident evil 2 and 3. The sonic adventures games are also worth collecting (Bare in mine though that you could get a cheap dreamcast and download and play the sonic adventures games without a modchip needed).

L

lastdual

OP
I'd add the Baten Kaitos games to the list.

Great games despite their flaws. I actually enjoyed them more than Symphonia.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: This movie rip so werid has 10180p quality but the audios ripped with movie theater audio quality