Hacking Worth to buy New 3DS XL? (Gateway etc.)

ehnoah

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Hey guys,

I have a old 3DS XL modded with a SD Adapter added for flashing NAND. I am think about buy the new 3DS XL since I have a lot of fun with 3DS.

You guys think it is worth to change? I was inactive a while, so not sure how it work with 9.3 / 9.4 etc.

fafaffy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It is worth it, however Gateway currently does not support the New 3DS's and honestly I would wait until they do release the update before you go and purchase the New 3DS XL.

ehnoah

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Private Header like I did in Pokemon? Buy a Offline Game and use Header to play Online? (PUt header to the ROM)

I have a 3DS but the new one looks great.

Since the Processor is new, can we expect games for "New 3DS" Only in future?

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Private Header like I did in Pokemon? Buy a Offline Game and use Header to play Online? (PUt header to the ROM)

I have a 3DS but the new one looks great.

Since the Processor is new, can we expect games for "New 3DS" Only in future?
Yeah there are only a couple N3DS exclusives announced so far, and none have been released. The difference in processing power is very minimal, but the improved 3D and extra C-stick are nice.

MattKimura

3DS & WiiU Enthusiast
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have my 3DS preordered from Gamestop right now, reading the posts here I feel like I should cancel it and wait for Gateway. I just worry that Nintendo might start making 3DS with higher firmware by the time Gateway is finished. I was planning on not opening the new 3DS I preordered, then returning it within 30 days if I needed to. I really believe in Gateway to support the new 3DS.

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
I have my 3DS preordered from Gamestop right now, reading the posts here I feel like I should cancel it and wait for Gateway. I just worry that Nintendo might start making 3DS with higher firmware by the time Gateway is finished. I was planning on not opening the new 3DS I preordered, then returning it within 30 days if I needed to. I really believe in Gateway to support the new 3DS.
Not something you have to worry about in the US, really. The first shipment to hit shelves everywhere will almost certainly be in the 9.0 - 9.2 range.

Reactions: MattKimura

Random Joe

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah there are only a couple N3DS exclusives announced so far, and none have been released. The difference in processing power is very minimal, but the improved 3D and extra C-stick are nice.

a couple?

isn't there only one?

Random Joe

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
OP

I wouldn't get a new 3ds unless you were prepared to wait a long time for gateway support. See the all the gatewait threads..

TemplarGR

Gaming expert
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Not worth it if you already own a 3DS. Unless money is not an issue.

The 3DS was really expensive for its specs back in 2011. Now, 4 years later, they demand the same amount of money for the same hardware, just with double the cpu cores and ram, a few more buttons and a NFC reader. LOL. And why? Just to play a couple of exclusive games at best?

Yesterday i bought a new smartphone for 140 euros. This one:

http://www.gsmarena.com/gigabyte_gsmart_akta_a4-6832.php

Just have a look at its hardware. Seriously. Have a look at its processing power. At its screen. At its features.

Now, the regular New 3DS is 180 euros and the XL 220 euros...

And what do you get? 1/10 of this in value. Only to play a bunch of overpriced games, and not much else. While a smartphone is a general purpose device.

I am not suggesting that smartphones can replace dedicated consoles. That is why i also own a 3DS. What i want to say is that it is OVERPRICED by the GREEDY entity known as Nintendo...

I am not going to give them my money this time...

Reactions: Random Joe

Random Joe

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I agree with TemplarGR

Nintendo has such a dedicated fan base they will buy anything they produce. To me the new 3ds is really not much of any improvement unless your crazy about 3d.

I'm personally sticking with my 2ds. I LOVE it

Reactions: TemplarGR

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Not worth it if you already own a 3DS. Unless money is not an issue.

The 3DS was really expensive for its specs back in 2011. Now, 4 years later, they demand the same amount of money for the same hardware, just with double the cpu cores and ram, a few more buttons and a NFC reader. LOL. And why? Just to play a couple of exclusive games at best?

Yesterday i bought a new smartphone for 140 euros. This one:

http://www.gsmarena.com/gigabyte_gsmart_akta_a4-6832.php

Just have a look at its hardware. Seriously. Have a look at its processing power. At its screen. At its features.

Now, the regular New 3DS is 180 euros and the XL 220 euros...

And what do you get? 1/10 of this in value. Only to play a bunch of overpriced games, and not much else. While a smartphone is a general purpose device.

I am not suggesting that smartphones can replace dedicated consoles. That is why i also own a 3DS. What i want to say is that it is OVERPRICED by the GREEDY entity known as Nintendo...

I am not going to give them my money this time...
Nintendo usually always makes a good profit on every console sold. That's why their hardware isn't anywhere near modern comparatively. It's also why people shouldn't feel too guilty about pirating software on their consoles.

:P

TemplarGR

Gaming expert
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Nintendo usually always makes a good profit on every console sold. That's why their hardware isn't anywhere near modern comparatively. It's also why people shouldn't feel too guilty about pirating software on their consoles.

:P

And that is my sentiment as well...

Common sense would indicate that a closed ecosystem would subsidize hardware's price in order to get money from software and licence sales. That is what the rest of the industry is doing. That is what Nintendo used to do...

And it makes sense. They restrict what you can use the hardware for, because it is their hardware, they subsidize its price, and they get to pick what runs on it...

But now, Nintendo sells hardware at at least 3x the price, and yet expects as to pay 40-50$ per game as well...

They expect us to even buy the same console twice.

Their greed will be their demise...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: i just got a 4070ti