Worth selling my 4.5 3DSXL and buying and N3DSXL on 9.2?

Discussion in '3DS - Console, Accessories and Hardware' started by Shadowhunta, Oct 20, 2015.

1. Shadowhunta
    OP

Shadowhunta GBAtemp Regular

Aug 1, 2006
    Hants
    As per the title, would it be worth selling my 3DXL to buy an N3DSXL, i'm not interested in homebrew, and i could sell it with the gateway and buy a sky3ds to go with the N3DSXL too..would like to get peoples opinions, also what they think the 4.5 3DSXL plus GW card is worth as a bundle?

thanks!

2. Seita

Seita GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Oct 4, 2015
    if you can get an n3dsxl on version 9.2 or less, It would be the ideal deal. And keep your gateway with it.
    While the n3ds is quite a gorgeous thing, bear in mind that sky3ds can't play the new animal crossing game and fire emblem if. And probably new AAA titles to come.

Xenon Hacks and Shadowhunta like this.
  3. ground

ground GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Mar 22, 2007
    Netherlands
    I bought a N3DSxl and i love it. Newer games can have more/better performance on the N3DS.

Right now an 4.5 3DSXL would be worth as much as any second hand o3ds($110) plus maybe $20 dollars for the GW (as free CFW replace the gw main function).

4. DjoeN

DjoeN Captain Haddock!

Oct 21, 2005
    Belgium
    Somewhere in this potatoland!
    The problem is finding a N3DS on 9.2 or lower.
    Be carefull, cause you can end with no CFW possible 3DS in the end.

5. Shadowhunta
    OP

Aug 1, 2006
    Hants
    You can run roms off custom FW now!? Wow i really have been out of the loop.

6. wormdood

wormdood pirate booty inspector

Jan 3, 2014
    United States
    behind a parental advisory sticker
    Last edited by wormdood, Oct 20, 2015
    Shadowhunta likes this.
  7. Real_Redwolf

Real_Redwolf GBAtemp Regular

Oct 4, 2015
    United States
    If you are not interested with homebrew than you are most likely better off keeping the system you have now. Finding a 9.2 n3DS is a pain from what I hear and if you want to get to 9.2 from where you are now then you can most likely find a cart with 9.2 preinstalled in it.

But in the end it is your decision, not mine.

8. Shadowhunta
    OP

Aug 1, 2006
    Hants
    Well i've found a new 3dsxl for £125 which includes cubic ninja and the sky3ds blue button card. Since i don't care about homebrew would this be a good buy to replace my existing setup?
    it has the latest FW on it.