aimaim

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Hello everybody,

I've stayed on 3.0.0 as of yet, since I was hoping for a non-rcm-method of booting cfw. I do have sxos but hardly use it. I thought about updating using ChoiDujur, but I decided against it, since I didn't want to blow a cartridge fuse when booting sxos.

Does anybody have an idea if there are still plans to release a way of launching cfw without using an rcm-jig? I am thinking about giving up and just updating to the latest firmware without ChoiDujur and having an sxos, that just works and is able to launch current games.

Forgive me, if my question is either obsolete or not answerable without a crystal ball. I haven't been following the development of the switch scene too closely lately.

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Hello everybody,

I've stayed on 3.0.0 as of yet, since I was hoping for a non-rcm-method of booting cfw. I do have sxos but hardly use it. I thought about updating using ChoiDujur, but I decided against it, since I didn't want to blow a cartridge fuse when booting sxos.

Does anybody have an idea if there are still plans to release a way of launching cfw without using an rcm-jig? I am thinking about giving up and just updating to the latest firmware without ChoiDujur and having an sxos, that just works and is able to launch current games.

Forgive me, if my question is either obsolete or not answerable without a crystal ball. I haven't been following the development of the switch scene too closely lately.
There will be a warmboot method for up to 4.1.0 so if you want you can update to that version.

comput3rus3r

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There will be a warmboot method for up to 4.1.0 so if you want you can update to that version.
and it's a web exploit that will take longer to execute than just using an rcm jig specially when it fails and you have to restart the console and try it again. Not worth waiting for in my opinion.

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
and it's a web exploit that will take longer to execute than just using an rcm jig specially when it fails and you have to restart the console and try it again. Not worth waiting for in my opinion.
Some people are really opposed to having to use a dongle for some reason, even though it's so quick and easy.

aimaim

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Thanks for the quick replies!

You might have a point there. I really disliked the way I had to start the first hbl under 3.0.0 (before the rcm method was public). It didn't work half the time.
And using my smartphone as a payload sender is a decent solution in my view. I just didn't want to miss out on a more convenient method.

Is there any reason not to update to the latest firmware apart from missing out on a potential warmboot exploit?

comput3rus3r

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for the quick replies!

You might have a point there. I really disliked the way I had to start the first hbl under 3.0.0 (before the rcm method was public). It didn't work half the time.
And using my smartphone as a payload sender is a decent solution in my view. I just didn't want to miss out on a more convenient method.

Is there any reason not to update to the latest firmware apart from missing out on a potential warmboot exploit?
nope. Everything works perfectly on 6.1. Better to update officially now. You never know what Nintendo my have up it's sleeve for next update. Also make sure you have a linked account.

aimaim

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
nope. Everything works perfectly on 6.1. Better to update officially now. You never know what Nintendo my have up it's sleeve for next update. Also make sure you have a linked account.

Haha yesterday I planned on updating today and this morning I read on twitter that 6.2 just got released.

Reactions: comput3rus3r

YugamiSekai

Mr. Picross
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I guess it depends on what you plan to do with your Switch and if you don't mind the wait. Personally, I want to get into homebrew dev, so I'm staying on 3.0.0 and waiting for Deja Vu, but you might want to do things like CFW, so using a jig would suit you (well it would, until 6.2 came along).

aimaim

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I don't really use the switch. I mainly buy consoles because I'm interested in the process of them being hacked. But I have a longer flight coming up, which I thought might be a good time to pick up a current game to pass the time.
I've decided on updating to 6.1 using ChoiDujour for that purpose, since the normal update process would get me 6.2 now, which I don't want.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Sorry for accidentally bending over