Hacking Worth buying ?

Ohad1th

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Iceland
So I was thinking about getting a PS Vita but I have couple of questions first
1. Is there anything like cfw or hacking method ?
2 . backward compatiblity , there are some psp games I'd like to try Is there like a psp mode to play on vita ?
3. flashcart of any kind because I heard that there is something , but I don't have a vita yet so I'm not sure how it's going to work
thanks !
btw Is there any "safe" fw on vita so If I will eventually decide to order it won't be above that fw

Red9419

Trophies
XP
Country
I think the only vita hacks right now are custom Ps1 bubbles and cfw on the psp side. As far as that i dont know. I also want to get a ps vita, but mostly for remote play so i wont play Catherine on the living room tv ;).

D

Deleted User

1. Is there anything like cfw or hacking method ?
There is currently only PSP-mode CFW (TN-V or ARK) but not native Vita CFW. TN-V is basically like a PSP with CFW as it has the old PSP interface as well.

2 . backward compatiblity , there are some psp games I'd like to try Is there like a psp mode to play on vita ?
Again, TN-V and ARK are the main PSP backup loaders to use on a Vita. There is an in-built PSP "emulator" that the Vita already ships with (But is argued to run natively, but that's a different story)

3. flashcart of any kind because I heard that there is something , but I don't have a vita yet so I'm not sure how it's going to work
thanks !
Yep. The Cobra team recently released their Black Fin dongle to users, and it works by using someone else's game authentication data to get the game backup to work, I think.
As expected, it doesn't come cheap at the moment though!

btw Is there any "safe" fw on vita so If I will eventually decide to order it won't be above that fw
Arguably, the latest safe firmware to use the above said features such as PSP/PS1-side hacks is 3.52 and under, because all of the hack installations require you to have a Vita that can use the email exploit to be able to write files to parts of the Vita, and on the memory card. (and that exploit got patched in 3.55).

I think that's most of what you need to know; I'm pretty sure there are a few things I have missed out here... But these are basically the main facts you need to know.

xy2_

Trophies
XP
Country
France
The latest 'safe' firmware is 3.18, although you're pretty much fine up to 3.52 (Mailwriter is patched after this firmware.)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl:
    I've only ever played Castlevania Symphony of the Night from PS1.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    We don't play games here
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @HiradeGirl, I dont have one of those but gbarunner2 in twilight menu works quite decently for me
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Don't get me wrong GBA absolutely had some great games but overall the sound and graphics just meh to me
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    The remastered crash bandicoot was pretty decent ngl
    @Xdqwerty I had a NDS long ago, but L and R broke very fast.
    My sister had a N3DS XL and it suffered the same fate.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @HiradeGirl the L button barely worked at all in the dsi i previously had
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    my dad bought me a dsi identical to that one
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That could be an easy fix without even opening it with some ipa maybe unless the entire button broke
    That´s why I never got any handheld before the Switch.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @Psionic Roshambo, thats why patches exist
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Ds games are best played on a DS emulation is fine but having actual hardware is better obviously
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Or N3ds/2Ds
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, or most "gimmicky" consoles
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nah the dual screen makes them better because that's how they were developed for
    +1
    Wii U is also great.
    For DS games.
    Also, 3DS games through NTR streaming on Wii U.
    It's very cool.
    Even playable.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    If you can have main game on big screen and touch lay out on wiiu tablet I can see that
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @HiradeGirl, I have a broken o3ds xl
    Phones worked great for DS emulation with DraStic and a controller that held your phone
    But sadly that's coming to an end
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: But sadly that's coming to an end